IDW Judge Dredd Classics - The Dark Judges: Cover Art - Various
IDW Comics continue their remarkable run of reprints, with the latest Judge Dredd Classics covering Judge Death & The Dark Judges, from the colossal creators’ collective, of John Wagner/Alan Grant (w) & Brian Bolland (a)!
One of the creepiest comics of all-time, the series builds it’s way to a terrifying crescendo, when in the second half of the story the antithesis of Judge Dredd, alien superfiend Judge Death -
whose motto is:
“All crime iss committed by the living, therefore all life itsself iss a crime…!”
- is joined by his evil brethren, The Dark Judges, Fear, Fire & Mortis from their dread dimension, Deadworld.
The horror is broken a little, with typical dark humour (excuse the pun!), provided by the breezy, light-hearted demeanour, and debut of Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson - the perfect foil to Dredd’s stony demeanour, and the terrifying presence of Judge Death!
IDW Judge Dredd Classics: The Dark Judges #1-4, with colours by Charlie Kirchoff.
- Top: Judge Dredd Classics #1: The Dark Judges #1: Judge Death - Regular Cover Art - Darick Robertson.
- The Dark Judges #1: Subscription variant - Sam Shearon
- The Dark Judges #2: Darick Robertson brilliantly recreates that punch, showing that Dredd literally has no Fear!
- The Dark Judges #2: Judge Fear - Sam Shearon
- The Dark Judges #3: Another radiant recreation of a classic Moment of Thrill-Power, as Anderson is psychically linked to Judge Death.
- The Dark Judges #3: Judge Fire - Sam Shearon,
- The Dark Judges #4: Psi-Judge Anderson faces down the Four Dark Judges.
- The Dark Judges #4: Judge Mortis - Sam Shearon