ACNL Nuzlocke challenge
Other Nuzlocke challenges I found (1/2/3) are not challenging enough, so if you like actual challenges, here you go: You will find the rules limiting you to a very minimalist, maybe even tedious gameplay that greatly slows down the town building process and focusses on your villagers’ needs. This challenge is mainly aimed at people who already built several towns, enjoy meeting new faces, like working with tiny bell budgets and generally want a more relaxed approach to the game. Even though these seem a lot of rules, you’ll see that it’s actually a liberating experience to play this way once you get the grasp of it, promise.
- Take the first map.
- No soft resetting.
- No buying anything in shops except for the basic tools, no ordering from the catalogue.
- No selling for profit. Live off/work with what villagers/trees give you.
storing items (not in letters/lockers/rooms/on the floor).
- Villagers can come and go as they please.
- No trading with/adopting from other towns. Adopting free villagers out to keep your void clear is fine. However, you may not accept/use donations.
- No town ordinance.
- No time travelling, no duping, no hacking.
- Fulfill all of your villagers’ wishes. Build PWPs where they were suggested.
- Empty your inventory each time you quit playing by throwing everything apart from tools away.
- Upgrade your house from the tent. Pay it off.
- No buying of single exterior pieces. If you want a different exterior, save up money (24.700 bells), then buy all of the pieces that are available in Nook’s Homes.
- Find someone who will donate a trash can to put into your house on the first day!
- No running.
- Read your letters in the morning, put items on, in your house/inventory immediately, then throw the letters away or save them in the post office.
- Try to talk to each villager at least once per day. If someone asks to move, always tell them to go (no matter the outcome).
villagers ask for something, the first thing that comes up goes to them
– applies to everything, bugs, fish, furniture. If a villager pings you for
something, it’s theirs. Sick villagers have to be treated with medicine
obtained from other villagers (let yourself get stung). You are only
allowed to deny a request for fruit you don’t have. No hitting villagers on purpose.
- When a villager gives/sends you clothing etc., immediately wear it.
- When you obtain fruit from Isabelle/villagers, plant it right away.
- Fruit may only be shaken off trees if a villager asks for it. Leave unneeded fruit on the ground.
are not to be touched (unless a villager asks for a certain insect). If
you accidentally get ore, keep it in your inventory until it’s time to
clean it out. Money gained that way may not be used, leave it on the
ground at the train station.
- You may have only one perfect fruit tree at a time. If it dies, leave it be and plant another one.
- Dug up fossils have to be donated. If they’re already in the collection, you have to keep them in the inventory until it’s time to clean it out.
- If you catch an insect/fish for fun, you have to donate or release it.
- No selling fruits, shells, fossils, insects/fish at Re-Tail/the Nookling stores.
- No turnip speculations.
your money by shaking trees. If you come across bees, you may only sell
the beehives when you managed to catch/escape the bees without getting
stung. Release the bee.
- Items you find in trees go into your
home, unless someone pings you for them. If your home is full, the item
stays in your inventory until it’s time to clean it out.
- You may only water wilted flowers.
- Island tours in company only. Only items you can officially buy may be taken back to town. No island hopping.
- Items obtained from events/the island go into Re-Tail when your home is full. Put them up for the price Reese suggests. Let villagers buy anything they want.
- No weed pulling (except for the night before Weeding Day).
- The only stuff you may buy are stationery and landscaping items (tree saplings, bush starts, flowers, fruit/bamboo). No buying these in other towns.
- Once Club LOL has opened (should take ages though), go there every Saturday and send the song you get from K.K. Slider to one of your villagers.
If you do this challenge, please tag it as #NL challenge so I can see it :>