Expand
AVIAN SAFETY WARNING - TEFLON BULB GE Lighting 46895 75-Watt Rough Service Saf-T-Gard A21 Light Bulb, 1-Pack

Teflon is a big no-no for bird owners. Used to be we only had to watch out for our non stick cookware…. “PTFE toxicity occurs when the teflon is heated. The excessive heat creates a gas emission that is typically harmless to humans and other mammals. Birds, however, are particularly sensitive to the airborne gas emission—even in small dosages due to their high metabolic rate and unique anatomy (high levels of oxygen are emitted to their musculature system in order to fly). Toxicity from PTFE causes severe edematous pneumonia—where a bird’s lungs quick fill with fluid which is then leaked into the airways.”