This is organized by date. All tattoos are linked to photos, unless they are major tattoos I want to talk about, in which case I have inserted the photos into the post. (Special thanks to thelegohouselove and their wonderful tattoo masterposts with pictures)
Dates are dates I believe they actually got the tattoos. If I can’t find a date they got the tattoo, I have indicated it with a “*” which is the first date we saw the tattoo.
Before we begin, fun facts that might blow your mind:
- Harry has 50 tattoos that we know of (counting “things I can/things I can’t” and “never gonna/dance again” as one tattoo). That’s, on average, about 1.8/month since June 2012.
- Louis has 32 tattoos that we know of. That’s, on average, about 1.5/month since October 2012.
- Harry got 30 of his 50 tattoos between June and October 2012. That’s, on average, about 8/month.
- Louis got 10 of his 32 between October and December 2012. That’s, on average, about 5/month.
- Harry & Louis both tend to get their tattoos in groups of 3 or more. The most Harry ever got on one day is 4. He got 13 in a 7 day period in October 2012. The most Louis ever got on one day was 5 on February 25 of this year.
Artist counts for Harry: Tom Atkins (10); Liam Sparkes (10); Freddy Negrete (8); Kevin Paul (3).
Artist counts for Louis: Skunx (7); Liam Sparkes (4); Freddy Negrete (4).
Some of this stuff isn’t an exact science. Some of it is me making an educated guess, especially involving some of Harry’s tattoos in October and Louis’ “The Rogue” vs. “It is what it is” and Harry’s 3 Nails. So bear that in mind.
Over all, this should give you a good idea of just how much the tattoos seem to be an outlet during highly-closeted and stressful times (Harry’s June-October spree that gave way to the birds, ship & compass and butterfly and Louis’ October-December Haylor spree), not only in date alone, but also in the subject of the tattoo.
Thank you to Kerry, Jess & awesomeanonfriend for the cheerleading and fact-checking and Angela for her insight.
Let’s do this.