- I “coached” CF and weightlifting this morning at Somone’s gym and no one died.
- I had a great workout, including a 153x2 front squat. “160 is definitely not your 1RM,” Matt says.
- I spent 1.5 hours hanging out with Matt in the corner of a baby shower, after he said his party strategy is to find his favorite person and only talk to them. Ha.
- THEN I got some quality Lil Pup Pup time and had my mom’s lasagna for dinner. #blessed
Oh. Here’s a workout log.
- BTN rack jerk: 2x3 (63, 83); 2x2 (93, 103); 4x1 (113, 123, 123, 123)
- Snatch: 4x3 (63, 73, 83, 88)
- FSQ: 1x5 (108); 3x3 (123, 133, 143) 1x2 (153!!!)
My new thing is ask Matt what my last squat set should be. Today he said 143, then I told him I did a triple at 143 last time … so then he said, “A really good double would be 148, a great one would be 153.” Obviously, I’m always going to shoot for the higher number. Maybe next time I will do 5 pounds more and ~wow~ him. I’m so pleased with how my squats are progressing. I feel like I haven’t really reached my potential there yet?
Also, for the immediate future I’m off rack jerks and doing BTN jerks on Saturdays. Matt said he wants me to ~save my shoulders~ for CJ on Thursday. I guess we’ll reassess in about a month. CAN U NOT JERKS.