Last Saturday, a huge crowd of over 18,000 braved the wet weather in Gosford to watch the top two teams in the A-League battle it out. It was an intense game, and it looked to be the Mariners’ game to lose until Labinot Haliti’s 80th minute strike.
Some match facts from the game:
- There were nine cautions issued during the game (five for Mariners, four for Wanderers) which is the equal ninth-most in A-League history.
- The player with the most fouls committed (Iacopo la Rocca) did not receive a yellow card.
- Haliti was the only Wanderer to have more than one shot in the game.
- The crowd attendance was the third-largest for Bluetongue stadium in A-League history (largest was 19,238 against the Jets in the 07/08 season).
- Neither of the Wanderers starting forwards (Bridge and Kresinger) registered a shot.