As you can see from the below photos the hardware side of the build is completed, as i type this post OS X 10.6 is installing.
At this point I would to credit my 3 sources of info.
1) NoFilmSchool, Hackintosh - This guide is awesome! really simple to follow. Infact my whole build is based around this guide. I just swapped a few bits out for newer parts.
- The i7-930 > i7-950, GTX285 > GTX480 1.5mb
- Antec P183 > Antec P193 i changed the case purely because the retailer i brought the other parts from didnt sell the P183
- Power supply to a mega 1000W!
- Cooler H50 to H70
- RAM 12gb!
2) TonyMacx86 - Main source for the install of OS X86 & runs an amazing forum. Learnt a lot from just reading the posts about various parts
3) Insanelymac - Another great forum. Where i found information on the GTX 4xx series cards very helpful.
Together these 3 websites are probably the only places you will need to visit. I also used youtube videos to check visual reviews of various parts and how to install them.
Update: installation progress > 26mins. So far, so good.
Next post will be some sags I faced when installing the hardware. Keep watching folks!