Happy Tuesday McRollers,
It’s time for your next McRoll in The REAL World contest. Below you’ll find 24 quotes from various REAL World stories. Remember all of our stories are REAL World stories, even the ones posted prior to May. Tell us both the name of the story and which character said the line. Send your answers by email to email@example.com.
We’ll collect the names of everyone who gets all the answers right and randomly choose two winners. Each winner will have their choice of any of the following four prizes. Submit a story prompt to be written by one of the REAL World authors, name a character (real or canine), choose an activity for the Rollins’ to participate in when they visit the island for Thanksgiving or an activity for Steve, Catherine, Danny et. al. when they visit Nonna in New Jersey for Christmas.
Good luck!! We’ll accept answers till midnight Eastern Time Sunday October 5th. We’ll announce the winners next Tuesday October 7th!!!
1. “You’re beautiful when you’re in a cooking frenzy.”
2. “I really think I’ll be okay if I just stay at my desk. I could still get in half a day … “
3. “Hey, remember when I made omelets for you guys?”
4. “I just want to know what kind of man my daughter is … moving futons with.”
5. “I have a feeling your bedside manner is gonna be a little lacking.”
6. “Because he’s clearly been … what … pining for me since twelfth grade and after sizing you up, realized a competition with theBAMF Commander McGarrett, Navy SEAL and head of Five-0 might not end in his favor?”
7. “That day, seeing you there? I could tell. That’s why I noticed you. You looked like you were where you belonged. And you knew it.”
8. “Now … it’s pretty sturdy but probably best to keep the acrobatics to a minimum.”
9. "Unless chocolate sauce is antimicrobial … "
10. “I believe the agreement was my Pasta E Fagoli for your Garlic Shrimp, right?”
11. "Let me think. I might have touched more than just the corner of the desk. Maybe a few of the papers lying on top."
12. “But if you want to have dinner with your father, see what he has to say … I’ll go with you if you want me to.”
13. “Better. I discover new layers every time.”
14. “If I’d have known a dog was all it was gonna take I’d have had you at the Humane Society years ago.”
15. “Oh, Catherine, let the poor boy off the hook.”
16. “I know you’re trained to identify aromas, but are you claiming you remember every scent you’ve ever smelled on me?”
17. “Because I implied she wouldn’t be able to eat a whole rack.”
18. "Power tools … demolition … saws. These are the things of my nightmares."
19. “Because he wasn’t you.”
20. "I’m sure. They may get a warrant to search Catherine’s office, and maybe even yours because of your relationship, but they’ll never get permission to search mine."
21. "I know her looks. I can tell when she isn’t completely happy. When we finished last night she just looked … I don’t know … a little disappointed."
22. "Oh, for God’s sake, those papers are for his girlfriend … of like a hundred years.”
23. "I’ve been by his side through the highs and the lows for the last fifteen years. […] And there’s not a single minute of those years I would trade for anything. I’m not going anywhere."
24. "He really is the luckiest son of a bitch on the planet."