Afternoon with Abe.
Lil’ Foxie zoomed thru time and space in search of Abe for 2 specific reasons:
1. She had a desire to play a good clean game of MONOPOLY. Previous games played with Benjamin typically found her in the red and she suspected foul play. Lil’ Foxie figured she had a pretty good chance there would be no funny business with a dude named: HONEST ABE
2. Word on the space streets was that Mr. Lincoln was familiar with the Vandals’ work. He had an interest to commission us to create a piece for his rocket ship. However, if you ever find yourself as a guest in the Embroidery Vandals’ home one thing is certain: you will NEVER leave with empty armsssssssssssssss. Lil’ Foxie designed a portrait specifically for her new friend Abe free of charge.
Abraham Lincoln is the 2nd installment of the Sundae Matinee MONEY MEN series. Soon dear readers, you will be able to fill your home with dead presidents rather than the typical moose head or grizzly bear. INTEREST?!
16 FACTUAL TRUTHFUL FACTS about HONEST ABE LINCOLN:
1. Lincoln created the Secret Service. SPYS!
2. Grave Robbers attempted to steal Lincoln’s corpse only to find it missing due to him traveling space in his rocket.
3. He was a wrestler.
4. Lincoln established Thanksgiving as a holiday.
5. He had a dog named Fido… who Lil’ Foxie would love to meet.
6. Lincoln was the first president to use the telegraph. Imagine what he would think of a FAX?!
7. He was the first president with a beard.
8. Lincoln’s shoe size was between 12 and 14 — him and Rosalie could have shared.
9. Lincoln kept important documents inside his hat.
10. Lincoln’s suit was made by Brook’s Brothers.
11. He was obsessed with cats.
12. Lincoln was the first president to be assassinated and then become a renowned space traveler.
13. Lincoln was part of seances after his son died in the White House.
14. Lincoln’s coffin has been opened five times and he was never present during any of these openings.
15. He was a big fan of chicken casserole… oh those comfort foods.
16. Lincoln was the 16th president.
The envelope please…
What a perfect day to announce the winners… OSCAR night. Although most of you may not be dressed to the nines, I am betting you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering who will collect the PRIZE as NEAT AS PIZZA! Thank you to everyone that participated… we had an overwhelming response and you have no idea what it means to me. The SNAIL MAIL will keep comin’.
In honor of Honest Abe… we wanted to ensure a fair voting process. Therefore, THE Embroidery Vandals decided to employee a impartial judge to select the winner of the SUNDAE MATINEE SELFIE STITCH contest. Our neutral & unbiased judge, Benjamin Leonard went thru much anguish and deliberation, but only one could win the prize that was as neat as pizza!
The GRAND winner will receive their choice of a Lincoln portrait or Washington portrait, which will be displayed in a future Sundae Matinee post after the GRAND winner chooses.
The GRAND winner is: DANIEL of Berkley, Mitten
Clyde Sparrow truly looks Hitchcockian in this silhouette!
Honorable mentions will recieve a super experimental surprise via snail mail.
2nd place: Mike Winner, of Hell, NY
3rd place: Ani Pencak, of the Mitten.
Melissa of Popped Stitches, Philly, PA