Use this 14 day challenge to improve your mood, train your brain to think more positively, and learn to help yourself feel better.
Be sure to share each day’s challenge with your followers! This will help keep you accountable and help others feel some positivity too. :) Use the tag #14 day depression challenge to find others to do it with.
I’m always available for private messaging and will gladly follow you as well. Feel free to share your daily challenge with me. :) I’m here for you!
- This is not intended to “cure” depression or be a replacement for your prescribed professional routine. Just an extra fun challenge to help in addition to them.
- Don’t feel bad at all if you miss a day or forget a challenge. We are human. It happens. :)
- Message me anonymously for personal advice and support, or publicly for general questions. I’m here with you to help keep you on track.
Day 1 - Write 3 gratitude items
- Write down 3 things that you are grateful for in your life. (See my depression tip posts for more specific details and examples).
Day 2 - Find 1 new, positive, upbeat song
- Find a song that is inspiring, beautiful, and/or positive. Reblog it and tell us why you chose it. Share it with others so that they can see the positive energy too. :)
Day 3 - Share 4 things you’ve done this week that are positive.
- This can be anything from “I had the energy to shower today” to “I went for a walk!”. Share 5 positive actions you’ve taken this week.
Day 4 - Do 10 minutes of physical activity
- Science has proven that exercise releases endorphins and other chemicals that make us happy. Do 10 minutes of physical activity (walking, running, push-ups, etc.) Tell us about it!
Day 5 - Write down 5 things you are grateful for
- Same as day 1, except with 5 new items! Share them with us. Feel free to explain or just post them in a quick list.
Day 6 - Get out of the house and do something new
- This can be window shopping, going for a walk to a new place, taking a bus somewhere and getting lost. By stimulating your brain and your body, you get out of your “depression zone”. See my post here for more ideas.
Day 7 - Celebrate your first week by finding and reblogging 5 positive things on tumblr.
- Surround yourself with awesomeness! Search tags like “inspiring quotes”, “happy”, “hopeful”,”kittens” and reblog 5 positive images/songs/quotes/anything. Feel free to include a post about why you chose your selections.
Day 8 - Do 20 minutes of physical activity this time!
- Physical activity is again, a proven way to boost your mood. And it’s good for you! Try for 20 minutes this time.
Day 9 - Write and share 5 more things you are grateful for.
- Yes, this is repetitive. Research has shown that by taking the time to write down what you are grateful for every day, you can train your brain to think more positively which equals better mood. :) You can do it!
Day 10 - Write a letter to your future happy self
- It can be long or a couple paragraphs. Write a letter to your future, happier self. Tell them the struggle you are going through. Tell them what you are doing to feel better. Store it somewhere safe, and then look back on it when you feel better. You’ll appreciate the struggle and you’ll be able to look back and see how far you’ve come! :D
Day 11 - Connect with somebody
- Whether it’s someone you follow/a follower, a friend, a parent. Just connect with someone today. Depression can often leave people feeling isolated and alone. Just strike up a friendly “How are you?” conversation and see where it goes. Connect yourself with someone else. Heck, I’m here too if you have nobody else. :)
Day 12: Do 30 minutes if physical activity
- I know, you’re probably getting sick of this. But trust me, it works (for most people). But you have to stick with it. You can do it.
Day 13 - Find a healthy-ish recipe and make it!
- Good nutrition is vital to good mental health as well. Try looking up a healthy variation of your favourite recipe (mmmm pulled pork) and challenge yourself to make it. :D You’re almost there!
Day 14 - Can you do 5 more awesome tumblr posts?
- YOU DID IT! :D Celebrate by sharing your successes with awesome, out of this world images.
- Try finding 5 more (different) inspiring or positive tumblr posts. These can be quotes, songs, cute cat GIFs, whatever floats your boat. <3
Bonus: Tell us how you feel now! Make a post saying how you enjoyed this challenge and what you learned/feel (if anything).
So what did you think? Should I make a 30 Day Depression Challenge?