1. We have the best college soccer fans in the country. And it’s not even close.
2. We’re the only NCAA-affiliated school with “Pilots” as a mascot. And, for the last time, we’re fearsome river pilots, not jet pilots. Boats, not planes.
3. The Dalai Lama had this to say about UP: “I love this school, and I love this color.” We couldn’t agree more.
4. We were ranked #1 in the country for community service in 2010 and 2011. Every year, our students spend more than 160,000 hours doing volunteer work and service-learning.
5. But we’re not just nice… we’re smart too! We’ve been ranked #1 in the country for Fulbright scholars three years in a row.
6. Sometimes there’s a mini-horse on campus.
7. Our faculty members are awesome. And really well dressed.
8. Holy Cross priests are the best. This is not up for debate.
9. Lewis and Clark were here. NBD.
10. Our alumni win Olympic medals. Lots of them.
11. And NBA Championships.
12. Our students put signs like this all over campus during Finals Week.
13. This is a typical day at Villa Maria Hall.
14. This happened:
15. At UP, biking and beards aren’t just hot new “Portlandia” trends.
16. Kunal Nayyar ‘02, one of the stars of the “Big Bang Theory,” got his start on the stage here.
17. Our students do things like host proms at senior centers.
18. We get photos like this sent to us during Orientation week. Take that, Zags!
19. Campus looks like this in the Spring.
20. And like this in the Fall.
21. And like this in the Winter.
22. And like this in the Summer.
23. In 2013, UP became the first college in the world to give an honorary degree to a person with Down syndrome – the amazing Karen Gaffney.
24. The tallest player ever drafted in the NBA – 7’8” Yasutaka Okayama – was a Pilot.
25. When the weather is nice in the spring, you WILL have class outside.
26. We have an on-campus organic garden. And it’s called the SLUG.
27. We like to put disposable cameras around campus just to see what happens.
28. All the local kids know UP is the BEST place in the world to go trick-or-treating. So many dorm rooms. SO. MUCH. CANDY.
29. Our dining facility uses organic, locally-sourced food whenever possible. And it has a sushi bar.
30. We give scholarships to students who are really funny. Seriously!
Finally… never forget that being a Pilot runs in the family. And we don’t take kindly to black sheep.