List of things that need to stop in the DL fandom forever (Warning: may be a tl;dr)
- character bashing (!!!!!particularly of Yui. Some of us see her as a character in her own right, including myself as even though I don’t play the games I’ve never self-inserted into drama CDs or clips of parts of the game or translations) *whispers* because that’s my choice…
- Bashing of any other characters, it’s ok to prefer characters over others etc but I would recommend that you do your research and look at some character analysis by other members of the fandom. I’ve seen some brilliant character analysis that has influenced my views on some characters, Reiji in particular. (I’m not particularly interested in Kanato and Azusa as much as the rest but I have read more into them anyway and I don’t go around screaming my views in other people’s faces, they’re still interesting characters who obviously contribute a lot to their plots and as with any character in any story they go through character development too.
- narrow-minded comments about Yui not being a real character because *ahem* she is for those who do NOT self-insert as I’ve just said.
- comments about how people who don’t self insert into otome games like DL are ‘too timid’ and are ‘hiding behind losers’ IT IS A CHOICE AND IF YOU CHOOSE TO SELF-INSERT THEN LEAVE THOSE WHO DON’T ALONE PLEASE
- ship bashing (although I’ll be slightly hypocritical here and say that I think that incest is wrong but I won’t waste time arguing about it *flies away*)
- People saying that Yui is ‘useless’, ‘dumb’, ‘clueless’, ‘not a good role model’, ‘not a strong enough character’, ‘omg why does she not just run when Subaru gives her the chance in the anime?’, ‘why does she not [insert thing here] omg she’s so stupid!!’, ‘if that were me I would have…’ sTOP IT. Remember what I said about character bashing? Yes, that right there is character bashing and it is very immature and ignorant. It’s went on the whole time I’ve been a fan of DL but it’s so ridiculous that any comments like that that I do see I just burst out laughing at them.
- REPOSTED FANART WITHOUT CREDITS *SCREAMS VIOLENTLY* As much as I admire your enthusiasm to share fanart with the rest of us, IF YOU DON’T HAVE A LINK TO THE ORIGINAL ARTIST IT CAME FROM AND DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION THEN DO NOT REPOST THAT FANART NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR RELEVANT IT MAY BE. IT’S NOT FAIR ON THE ARTIST AND IT GIVES FANS A BAD NAME, SO STOP.
- Rumors that Shu (or any of the love interests) is gay??? I don’t know where this came from and I haven’t seen the original post/s but apparently people are saying that because of the whole Yuma/Edgar business, Shu is actually gay for him. Nothing wrong with it if he was, but if he were meant to be then WHY IS HE A LOVE INTEREST IN THE GAMES?????
- Bashing of Vandead Carnival by ‘old fans’ OH MY JESUS can you stop??? Just because there are more ‘romantic’ or ‘fluffy’ situations does not make VC shit. Ok, I haven’t played the game *prepares to be shot* but from what I’ve seen of it it seems like a nice game to play. People who claim to be ‘old fans’ or have just been fans for a while need to stop whining about the lack of many sadistic/typical situations in this game. Oh my God, grow up and support your franchise in whatever they pursue OR GET OUT. That’s what you signed up for when you became part of the fandom (or any fandom), it’s ok to prefer the other games but do not bash specific content because it’s a bit different.
Aaaaaaaaand that’s all I can think of right now. Anything else I might have missed please add it here, thanks! Not trying to cause arguments, believe it or not! Just adding my observations as a former ghost fan (I mean a fan who didn’t have a DL blog until November so I used to just scourge the tags from my nature blog without liking/reblogging/commenting on anything lol)