Ana tagged me! :)
- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones
- Tag 11 new people and link them to the post
- Let them know you’ve tagged them
1) What’s your favorite food?
Does coffee count? :D Haha. Um… Probably kheer. It’s an Indian rice pudding, and I have a terrible weakness for it. Whenever we go out to eat for a special occasion, we go to Indian restaurants. So I’ve had a lot of kheer.
2) What are some of your favorite books?
QUESTIONS ABOUT BOOKS ARE ALWAYS WONDERFUL.
Running In The Family by Michael Ondjaate, the poetry collection The Dream of a Common Language by Adrienne Rich, Elizabeth Bishop: The Complete Poems, Sabriel by Garth Nix, A Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray, um… I know there are others that I’m forgetting, and will remember immediately after posting this. Of course.
3) What are some of your favorite movies?
Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Virgin Suicides, The Breakfast Club, Across The Universe, Almost Famous, Mulholland Drive, er… Man. It’s so hard to make lists like this of the top of my head.
4) What kind(s) of music are you into?
Hm. Classic rock, I guess you would say—Fleetwood Mac, The Clash (well okay, that’s punk rock), Rolling Stones, etc. I also love The Killers—so that’s what, rock? Laura Marling, Florence + The Machine, Cut Copy, and Counting Crows are also favorites. I’m not even going to bother naming the genres. Oh, and now I’m into musicals. My musical life has gotten complicated, LOL.
5) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A writer. I also wanted to be a journalist and a lawyer at various times, but for the most part, it was always a writer.
6) If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
Hm. Not sure. I want to go to Greece, Morocco, Cuba, England, Ireland, Italy, Sri Lanka, and so many others. It’s hard to pick one.
7) If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Oh man. Hm. That’s hard, because a lot of the people I’m fascinated with, were, well… Difficult. Complex. So, probably Elizabeth Bishop or Adrienne Rich. They’re supposed to have been relatively okay to get along with, I think. I’d also say Sylvia Plath, as much as it’s a cliche, because after reading her journals I definitely… Well. We could get along quite well, I think. Plus, I don’t know, I just want to talk to her. I’m tempted to say Byron, but I don’t think I could handle him. So that’s more out of curiosity. Let’s go with that lot, for now.
8) If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A cat. Always a cat. I like cats. I understand cats. They understand me. Cats, man.
9) If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
TO SING. I have a pretty good understanding of music, and I can play violin all right, but I don’t have a particular talent for anything musical AND OH MAN I LOVE MUSIC AND SINGING SO MUCH. I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO BE ABLE TO SING BEAUTIFULLY.
10) What are some of your favorite websites?
I don’t go online much. Tumblr, and Google, I suppose, because they’re the only ones I visit regularly, haha.
11) If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Live purposely. And make peace with the things about yourself that you are inclined to keep hidden. If you come to terms with them, and are able to be open about them in a way that helps others understand, then they can’t hurt you so much anymore.
1) What’s something—a smell, a song, or a sensation—that provokes a strong emotional reaction in you? Or triggers a good memory? 2) If you could meet anyone alive, who would you meet? 3) What movie, TV, or book character would you fall in love with, if they were real? 4) Be honest: would you survive a zombie apocalypse? 5) Any tattoos? Do you want any? 6) If you could have any of the following powers, which would you pick: being able to go into books, being able to fly, being able to teleport? 7) Favorite songs? 8) Celebrity crush? 9) City or country, ocean or mountains? 10) When you’re having a bit of a breakdown, what almost always makes you feel better? 11) OTP?
Thanks! This was fun! <3