These healthy, pre-portioned oatmeal cups are the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. They last well in the fridge for about a week or the freezer for several months.
Yield: 18-24 depending on how good you are at evenly distributing batter
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Something to mix with (I usually go for a rubber spatula, but whatever you have on hand is fine)
- Cupcake tin
- (optional) Cupcake liners
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 c. quick oats
- 2 flax eggs* (2 tbsp. flax, 5 tbsp. water. Combine and let sit until gelatinous ~5 min.)
- 2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 c. mix-in of choice, chopped into bite-size pieces (fresh, frozen, or dried fruits; nuts; chocolate chips; etc. all work well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add flax eggs, mashed bananas, and applesauce to dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Fold in filling.
- Divide equally into well greased cupcake tins
- Bake for 20 minutes or until oats are tender and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
*If you eat eggs, regular ones would work fine here too. You really just need something to act as a ‘glue’ to hold everything together.