Hi there!! Oh I’m so glad you ‘re asking cause I love doing this :)
Bear with me :) spoilers ahead
1. I won’t even comment on shirtless Bretty
or how BOTH Skye and Jemma have stared at this footage several times before
or how Skye keeps taking a peek under the hood
but the sacrifices we make for valuable intel, right?
2. Mack keeps proving my theory valid. What theory? THAT HE IS AN ANGEL SENT TO HELP FITZ.
He is the best kind of friend that Fitz needs now. He doesn’t feel sorry for Fitz and he doesn’t treat him like some ill kid, but he is joking with him, he admires him, he helps him have confidence. Fitz has major confidence issues right now and Mack really helps him. And I just love that. HE IS AN ANGEL. End of story. And have you noticed that Fitz speaks fluently with Mack? Fitz is accepting Mack’s friendship and help. And I love that.
3. There was a disturbing lack of Trip in this episode.
4. BOBBI AND LANCE. AND HUNTING BIRD. I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM.
Bobbi is a queen herself. She is amazing! Badass, but also loyal and caring… Lance is… I don’t even know! I just love his wit and his sense of humor and the fact that he is loyal too and DID YOU SEE HOW DEEPLY IN LOVE HE IS???? I mean 95% of the time, he looked at Bobbi like she is the light of his life! it’s canon that he still loves her and missed her. And it’s also canon that Bobbi feels the same! She asked him to stay! And I just can’t get enough of these two!
Give me more Hunting Bird!
Jemma blames Ward for her relationship with Fitz. But the problem with her and Fitz is not Fitz’s injury. It’s her running away from him after his love confession. It’s not Ward’s fault. It’s the fact that she can’t deal with it right now. And I can’t blame her, because if she doesn’t feel the same about Fitz, she is afraid to reject him. I think she is not ready for something like that and that’s why she tries to avoid it. But I will kill you?? Don’t go there Jemma… This is not for you.
Skye used Ward to get what she wants. Which I find pretty selfish. But. It wasn’t all pretending. And when she said “you ‘re being transferred” she didn’t seem very happy about it.
I won’t even comment on the fact that she watches him, from her laptop, every day. She just can’t let go, man. It’s so obvious. She thinks of Ward a lot. And she has softened towards him a lot. She listens to him. And her emotions when he was talking about her family were honest. And can we talk about how sad she is when Ward is walking out of the base?
She doesn’t want him to go. She thinks she won’t see him again. And she is not ready for that. She is going to miss going down there, talking to him. Because every time she went down there, Ward showed his love for her . And that’s not something you can just ignore. Especially when the feelings are mutual. That’s why a part of her wants him to stay.
Okay unpopular opinion coming but I like Talbot!!! I don’t know but I really like how he is starting to understand that Coulson is a good man and how believes that they are good, And how he shook hands with May. It was like a friendly handshake. It’s always a shame when a good soldier falls. #SteveRogersModeActivated. I like what Talbot can potentially be for the show…
I really feel like Coulson has a plan. Why? Because Coulson isn’t stupid.
- He is not the kind of guy that would fall for Senator’s lies, that easy.
- He wouldn’t let Ward go with just a pair of common handcuffs. Not when he knows Ward’s skills. Even May’s handcuffs in 1x17 were tighter.
So it looks to me like he has a plan, which he is not telling to the team. And am I the only who noticed some meaningful looks between Ward and Coulson, in the end?
That’s my theory. But if it doesn’t prove true, I’m gonna be bitterly disappointed in Coulson…
What made me sad is that Coulson would visit Ward every day, waiting for him to talk… I just feel like, if Ward had talked to him in the first place, things would have worked better for Ward. Maybe Coulson would have believed in him…
9. Grant Ward…
You all probably know that Grant is my most precious boy, the one I would protect til the end of the line, the one I will love forever, but I will try to be as impartial as possible, even though 100% of the time I just want to hug him and give him a puppy and I just want him to feel alright and happy…
Wow that rhymed well.
First of all, what you said. GRANT IS FREE, HE IS FREE AT LAST. I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE BROKE FREE. And no matter what happens, Grant is determined to fight, He won’t give up like that. He won’t be his brother’s victim again. His look in the end made it clear… And I got to admit I had missed him kicking some ass.
Second, I really hope the writers don’t have him do anything stupid or reckless or anything that would make him look evil.
Third, I hate the fact that the whole world thinks Grant is a traitor and the perpetrator, when in fact he is the victim. But everyone will believe the renowned Senator right? That’s how it works. Everywhere he turns, people will think he is a traitor, when in fact Grant was never loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra.
And now the most important part. Who is telling the truth? Christian or Grant?
I’ve been thinking about this a lot. Because even if I #stand with Ward I don’t want to have a wrong mindset. I don’t want to believe in wrong things. So I thought about it.
Why not believe Christian? He could be telling the truth. Everything points to that. His parents, his brother everyone says Grant did wrong. And he turned out to be Hydra, so why believe Grant?
- Because ever since Skye mentioned his brother, he was terrified. He was scared. Just like victims are afraid of those who can hurt them. The look of horror on his face. All this time he is so calm and lucid and he has never raised the tone of his voice. Until now. He was shocked. his brother reminds him of all the pain he has ever felt. And I don’t think he would be so afraid of Christian if he really was the abuser. And when Coulson talks to him, Grant is disappointed. Like he knows that once his brother finds him, he is going to completely ruin his life. Look at his face.
He realizes that he is going to die, that he is gone.
- Also, the flashbacks we saw in the well. I don’t think he was lying. He was under the effect of the berserker staff. He didn’t do it. It was memories. Actual memories. He is telling the truth. Grant is telling the truth. It looks like everything’s on him, but he is the one telling the truth. Not the oily, manipulating politician.
- Ward is trying to earn Skye’s trust back. So he is determined to say the truth for the rest of his life. He really thinks it’s the only way to convince her. So, I don’t think he has lied about a thing, since 2x01. Not even about his brother.
So I still stand with Ward. I don’t find a reason not to.
You are so right. This team is shitty and jerky. They are not okay. At all. They have issues. And let me tell you that Ward is in a better state than Skye, Jemma and Fitz.
And you ‘re so right anon… I want Skye to regret the way she treated him. I want her to feel bad for using him. For playing him. And for being cold. And if Coulson doesn’t have a plan, then I’m gonna be very pissed at how he just gave Grant away to his abuser, when he knows what Christian did to him. I really hope they regret that attitude. Both of them.
And yes!! Grant needs to redeem himself, for himself. Not for someone else. Not to prove anything. Just because he believes in himself and wants to start living his life.
I still stand with Ward, I still die-hard ship Skyeward, I still think Coulson is a good man. I just hope the writers handle things carefully… What do you think?