Today is the aftermath of M.I.S.H.A. or the Mini International Scavenger Hunt of Abnosomeness. A few of us from Team OLD participated on Team KaleFighters. It was really a great time. Truly well organized. A huge thank you to the organizers and everyone who participated. Thank you fellow KaleFighters for letting us in on the fun! <3
We thought we would share a some of our entries.
2. Hug a chicken. (img) 20 pts
28. Recreate a scene from a movie using only popcorn. Small support items such as toothpicks are allowed. (img) 35 pts
9. Create haute couture (that’s fancy clothes) for a stuffed animal. Present it on the runway to an audience. (img) 30 pts
29. GISHWHES/MISHA body art! (no it does not need to be permanent.) 25 pts
30. Show us the next GISHWHES mascot. (img) 20 pts
24. If you could be any historical figure, who would you be? (img) 20 pts
6. Comic strip with Misha (the Overlord) as a stick person. (img) 30 pts
38. Find someone wearing a Hawaiian style shirt - or any shirt baring some completely random and silly image - such as unicorns farting rainbows, Nyan Cat, etc - Have them hold something with D[backward 2]N on it. (img) 45 pts
5. Dryer lint in the shape of a dinosaur. (img) 20 pts
32. Create a bucket list and share it with us. (img) 15 pts *
8. Post online or mail a thank-you note (or similar letter of appreciation) to the invisible supporters of our fandoms —the writers, crew, and other people that enable us to enjoy these movies and TV shows. (img) 20 pts *
41. Spell out one of the following words: MISHA, GISHWHES, abnosome, “be kind”, or “carry on” using single letters… and each letter must originate from a different picture. (For example, the O from a picture of a stop sign… etc.) These must be original pictures. 25 pts
58. Recite the alphabet backward while upside down. (vid) 30 pts
47. Capture two mimes “talking” to one another about their bad day. (vid) 35 pts
Someone asked for a picture of the tattoo Misha drew on me- so here it is, and here’s the story.
At Dallas Con in 2013, I decided to go out on a limb and ask Misha to draw on me. I have lots of scars on this arm, and I wanted to cover them up with something that would be uplifting.
So at the cocktail party, I brought a Sharpie and asked the girls at my table if it would be okay if I asked Misha to do this; they were awesome in that they not only didn’t mind, but they asked Misha for me before I could even get the words out.
Misha said he’d do it, and I sat beside him and offered my arm, though it was too dark to see the scars. I threw the idea out there of him drawing angel wings and…he started drawing a fish. I was pretty confused till he added the wings and halo and deemed it an “angelfish”. I went and got the tattoo the next day, so it was pretty much exact.
So this year, I wanted so badly to thank him that I decided to go for the meet and greet, and I actually won a spot. When he saw the tattoo, he actually held my arm to get a closer look, and said it was awesome. :D I got to not only say thank you, but also explain why I asked him to do the drawing in the first place- to which he responded with a very tight hug.
So yeah, that’s the whole story. And it worked- every time I glance at my arm, I don’t think of the scars. I think of random acts of kindness, I think of the wonderful insanity of GISHWHES, and it reminds me to be a better person and gives me strength.
Plus, I always laugh when I think about the fact that I have an awful pun tattooed on my arm. :P
So I ummed & ahh’d about whether or not to post this publically, and eventually have decided yep, I will. So here’s my GISHWHES vm from Misha, and I absolutely love it because it is just so sweet & lovely and calming. It’s not what I expected at all (I don’t really know what I expected, tbh), but this is probably better.
Me in my head:Misha and his work with GISHWHES, Random Acts, and other projects - as well has his creatively crafted social media presence - never fails to amaze me. He's one incredibly generous and resourceful and wondrously weird human being. There's something really intelligent about the honesty conveyed in his sardonic quips - especially when comprehending the magnitude this comedy default of an intentionally satiric persona that parades faux narcissism in order to emphasize self-deprecating jokes, always humbly at his expense.
Vote @MishaCollins in best #Parent,HERE.UPDATE: Misha was #1 in #parent thanks to your votes. But unfortunately Shorty Awards removed him from this category (& probably moved his #parent votes to #actor.)
You can vote only once for the same nominee in the same category, from the same twitter account.So if you vote for all your favorite actors in #actor, all your votes count. BUT voting for the same nominee in the same category more than once just replaces the text of your original vote; it does not count as an additional vote for him.
Apparently, if you have not confirmed the email address you use for your twitter account, your votes do NOT count.
Your vote MUST include a reason [after “Because…”], otherwise your vote does NOT count. Try to write creative and relevant reasons (it is important!) and please do NOT copy other votes’ reasons. Votes with identical reasons may be deleted.
In each category, three top nominees with the most nominations from the public will be finalists.
Voting closes on Feb.19, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST.
Awards ceremony will be held on April20, 2015 in NewYork City and live-streamed on the web.
we mentioned before, your
votes for the same person in the same category from the same twitter account
counts ONLY ONCE – no matter how many times you vote. So unlike PCA, we can’t help with voting many times. Instead we need to encourage ALL our fellow minions to vote and let them know it just takes a couple of minutes to vote. So please reblog this post and spread the word!