Green Tip of the Week
Recycle Your Ink Cartridges.
In the United States, 13 ink cartridges are thrown away every 2
seconds. It takes less than half the energy to re-manufacture plastic than to create it new. There are 2 ways that you can help reduce the waste:
- Refill your own ink cartridges.
- Take your empty ink cartridges to a recycle center. You can find a center near you by visiting earth911.com.
If you are still debating if it is worth your time to recycle print cartridges, below are three other reasons why it is important for us to recycle:
- Ink pollutes the environment.
- The plastic used to make the cartridges take several years to decompose.
- It takes 3 quart of oil to produce one printer cartridge.
What other items do you find important to recycle?
Photo Credit: Google Images