TiLT: a fortnight of comic books and star trek edition
Another fortnighter! I came off the latest nerdlesque show and have been full-tilt into new (to me) nerdy things without stopping, so, that’s half of this…
* Sexed Generation: ahh, what a show! Both nights of performances were so much fun; the audiences loved it (and made plenty of noise to say so); and I just enjoyed the hell out of it all, from the opening dance to the backstage shenanigans and all. Plus it’s reignited my love of watching Trek, which I am now doing nearly every night I have an extra hour to spare (or some mending to do, or etc). What a delight.
* Brunch + comics + ladies & allies + adorable dog + feminist-focused discussion of Rat Queens = fabulous morning, A+ will do again.
* On that note: comic books, you guys: I am now devouring them. Rat Queens and Saga still hold the top titles for me, but I just ripped my way through the entire Y: The Last Man in about five days too. Am now accepting loans of any you have that you think I should read!
* Emerald Downs! I went with Patrick and his parents, for the annual fluttering of cash at the ponies. I know next to nothing about betting and usually lose everything I came there to spend—my strategy is most often based on names I enjoy, and/or watching the horses in the paddock and choosing the one I think is prettiest—but it’s always a grand time. There was an Irish horse! And she was pretty. (Yes, I bet on her, and yes, she lost.)
* The Invisible Hand at ACT. This play, I just—it’s breathtaking.If you are near Seattle, get thee to the theater and see it. Seriously. Go.
*& etc: naan bread, earl grey tea, honeycrisp apples, bacon n pancake cupcakes, potato waffles, cold cider, and avocados; waving at friends passing by downtown; walk-chatting up the hill with Brett; dance-cuddling with Samara; Miss Fisher marathon with Morgan (and our shared overwhelming frustadoration with Phyrne & Jack, I mean, ffs, KISS ALREADY); Cards Against at Meaghan’s birthday, with drinks outside on the patio and a ridiculous amount of jokes and laughter; happy hour at the Space Needle (so fancy!); enjoying my long hair for the last few days before it’s gone; sweaters and boots and rain, oh fall weather, I like you; and the gentleman, for all the things (xoxo).