FINALE - ‘UNWRITTEN’ CLUES CONCERNING EZRA BEING A.
Marlene said that the song ‘Unwritten’ was a big clue. I feel it relates to Ezra.
Here’s a small chunk of lyrics to help.
I am unwritten, can’t read my mind, I’m undefined I
I’m just beginning, the pen’s in my hand, ending unplanned
- I’m Just beginning, ending unplanned. Ezra’s True Crime book about Alison had just begun and the ending was unplanned as he had no more evidence or things to write, hence why Ezra got with Aria.
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
- Ezra has been reaching for evidence around Alison’s disappearance and death. (This is when Ali was ‘dead’.)
- It was so close he could almost taste it. But then Aria found out about it all and ruined the book. He was so close to uncovering it all.
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
- No one else can speak the words on your lips. Ezra’s brain/ego is telling him he is the one to tell the story, nobody else can.
- Drench yourself in words unspoken. Ezra’s words were unspoken. They were written in a book. Nobody knew about the book.
I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We’ve been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can’t live that way
- Ezra breaks tradition by dating students and his tries are outside the lines. (Dating friends of a girl you were writing a book about purely to get info.) It isn’t the norm to get stuff this way.
- Ezra has been conditioned not to make mistakes. (Ex. When his mother made Ezra’s girlfriend go away when she got pregnant.)
- -A is a perfectionist, someone who is always a step ahead and never makes mistakes unintentionally.
- Ezra cannot live this way, being controlled and told what to do and not to make mistakes.
That is my interpretation of what the lyrics mean to me and what I envisioned whilst listening to the song. Others may have different views though, so be sure to send me them..
A’s lair looks expensive. As does everything A has used in their time. (Sending texts, paying minions etc.)
So, tell me again, who’s family is extremely wealthy? Ezra’s. He also lied about this and his parents pay everybody off. Who’s to say he is actually in contact with his mother and he does have a trust fund or something similar from her, which he could use for everything.
Ezra was also a teacher, and they get good pay.
Ezra opened his own business. (The Brew.) Where did he get the money? Most probably his Mother. I bet he gets a lot of income from The Brew, too.
Combine these factors, I’d say Ezra has quite a lot of money, enough to buy a lair, decorate it the way it is and pay minions and get resources.
It could be possible he is either Charles or A. (I don’t believe Charles really is A.)
In conclusion, I believe that Charles and A are not the same people and #CharlesisA is just something to distract us from the real A. If Charles really was A, why didn’t he attack the girls? Why did A have no weapons? Why did A not see the girls trying to escape coming?
Could Ezra be a twin? Jason is 24, as is Ezra. You may question the difference in hair and eye colour, however I think it’s possible that when people get older their hair darkens, or he could dye it. He has blue eyes and Jason has green, but contacts or them not being identical could play a part. We saw what looked like identical twins in the home videos, but it’s possible they just looked similar when younger. But why would Ezra hook up with Ali if they were siblings?!?! Maybe he isn’t Charles, just A. I’m unsure.