Things anti-sjws need to stop doing:
- Calling people “retards,” “autistic,” and/or “faggots” because they were wrong. You sound just like the sjws who call people “cishets,” “men,” or “white” for disagreeing with them.
- Pulling the “Well women in third-world countries…” card because, let’s face it, y’all don’t do anything for those women except use them for your arguments, and it’s ironic because most of these people are pro-GG so video game journalism is also not nearly of a deal as what the oppression those women face. (NOTE: I am not claiming that “manspreading” and stuff like that is oppression either, nor am I an anti-GG, just pointing out that you also prioritize what is honestly a first world problem compared to what those women go through while bitching at feminists for doing the same)
- Pretending anti-feminists are perfect and never ever protest against someone for saying “I’m a feminist.” I’ve seen anti-feminists say “Well I agree with Christina Hoff Sommers’ views but I disagree with her identifying as a feminist.” I’ve also seen another anti-feminist attack a self-proclaimed egalitarian feminist just for the “feminist” part of the label she uses.
- Labeling every little fucking thing “sjw” just because it mentions social justice or equality or feminism of any sort.
- Purposely misgendering someone because you spite them or they disagreed with you. Looking at you, people who call Brianna Wu a “he.”
- Dedicating your blog to nothing but hating feminists or debunking stuff. This is more of me being concerned for your health than anything else. If hate consumes you too much, it can have negative effects on your mental state. This isn’t me being a sarcastic bitch either, I’m dead serious. I know from experience how this is.
- Denying that misogyny / racism exists in the first world. Even if not so much in its oppressive form, the prejudicial form will always exist, therefore, misogyny and racism will always exist. Everywhere.
- Stereotyping feminists as fat, wearing cat glasses, having an unnatural hair color, being hairy, etc. Especially if you also get pissed when sjws stereotype anti-sjws as fat, neckbearded, dudebros, fedora-wearers, etc.
- Generalizing other fandoms but still being quick to say “Not all bronies!” I hate anti-bronies too, and I agree, not all bronies. But also, not all SuperWhoLocks are crazy yaoi fangirls, not all furries are obsessed with animal porn, not all Steven Universe fans are sjws, not all Vocaloid fans are weeaboos, etc.
- Fight hate with hate, AKA the thing sjws themselves do.
- “I know they’re a Nazi but sometimes they post good st–” Yeah, we get it. A broken clock is right twice a day. Since that is true, let’s go follow people like misandry-mermaid as well, since she also posts good stuff from time to time. Oh wait.
- Trying to say sjws are “worse” than Nazis because “At least Nazis don’t claim they’re fighting for equality!” Heck, maybe not Nazis, but a few more extreme anti-sjws claim to be for equality when… they’re not.
- Trying to convert critical feminists or any feminist that actually does believe in equality into egalitarians.
- Viewing everything as black and white.
Things that anti-sjws need to start doing:
- Policing the anti-sjw movement more. Make sure people avoid the more toxic anti-sjw blogs. Of course, if you make an avoid list, provide sources and reasons backing up why these types of blogs should be avoided or at least followed by people who are willing to step up and call out their wrongdoings.
- Taking a break from debunking posts and all that. Post some positive stuff so you don’t get too stressed. Post things that you’d post on a personal blog not related to anti-sjw stuff. Being negative all the time can harm your brain, so treat yourself to positivity; things that make you happy, make you laugh, make you feel at ease.
- Also take breaks from blogging period. Add stuff to your queue, of course, so your followers will be happy, while you take a two week vacation away from Tumblr’s constant bullshit.
- Call out all bigots. Not just sjws. Tumblr has its fair share of holocaust deniers, neo-Nazis, extreme right-wingers, and pretty much everything else.
- Be more welcoming and supportive of critical feminists and equality feminists. The feminist movement needs feminists like them, and in all honesty, we need more feminists like them on our side. As feminists, they have more power than egalitarians, mras, anti-feminists, and the rest of us who aren’t feminists. They can prove to be awesome allies.
- Being more civil and level-headed in debates (unless provoked, of course). I’ve noticed that being polite, civil, and overall level-headed gets your point across better, and usually both sides come to an agreement as long as both sides remain calm.
Honestly I’d list more on both lists but I’m tired, so here’s this and goodnight.
Feel free to add more.