Say goodbye to Starbucks! With this recipe, you’ll never have to pay for an overpriced Frappuccino from anywhere ever again.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 1 1/3 cups ice
- 1/2 cup double strength coffee (chilled)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite flavored coffee creamer
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate or Caramel Syrup
D I R E C T I O N S:
FOR THE DOUBLE STRENGTH COFFEE
- With your favorite blend of coffee (I recommend using a flavored coffee that matches your flavored coffee creamer to give your Frappuccino even more flavor), use 4 tablespoons per cup (not a cup as in a measuring cup, but as in a mug or a serving, what’s marked on your coffee pot) instead of the 2 tablespoons your coffee maker typically recommends.
- Put your coffee in the fridge and wait until it is completely chilled. If you don’t feel like waiting as long, put it in the freezer instead.
This recipe calls for ½ cup of double strength, chilled coffee, meaning you will have coffee left over. You can use the excess in your Frappuccino, if you prefer it a little stronger, or you can simply add creamer or half n’ half and have yourself a small cup of iced coffee.
FOR THE FRAPPUCCINO
- Add ice, chilled coffee, flavored coffee creamer, and a little bit of whipped cream to your blender. I recommend using crushed ice because it helps the drink to be smoother.
- Blend ingredients together, until all ice is crushed, but not completely smooth. Think of the consistency of a Frappuccino from Starbucks, and aim for that. Some blenders even come with special settings for just that kind of consistency.
- Pour mixture into your favorite cup, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup, and enjoy!
If you prefer a less sweet Frappuccino, simply add less flavored creamer and/or sugar. Or add more coffee. If you want a weaker Frappuccino that still has the same amount of sweetness, just add some plain half n’ half or milk alongside your other ingredients. If you prefer a vegan option, use almond milk (or whatever milk substitute you like) instead of creamer and opt out of the whipped cream on top. So, whatever you prefer, you can make this drink exactly that way.