Don't Believe the Hype: A Starter
Okay Leslie I said I would do this for you AND I WAS NOT JOSHING. Here is upwards of 50 videos collected to give you some idea of the magnificent silliness of which these boys are capable. I’ve included some Miles Kane and The Last Shadow Puppets because in a way it’s hard to have one without the others.
- Arctic Monkeys
- I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
- When the Sun Goes Down
- Fake Tales of San Francisco
- Leave Before the Lights Come On
- The View from the Afternoon
- Fluorescent Adolescent
- Teddy Picker
- Crying Lightning
- My Propeller
- Brick By Brick
- Don’t Sit Down ‘Cause I’ve Moved Your Chair
- The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
- Suck It And See
- Evil Twin
- Black Treacle
- You and I
- R U Mine?
- Miles Kane
- Come Closer
- First of My Kind
- The Last Shadow Puppets
- The Age of the Understatement
- Standing Next to Me
- My Mistakes Were Made For You
- "Can you be funny as well though?" "No."
- "It were rustic." "Mahogeneh, lots of mahogeneh"
- "What’re you gonna do with yer 10-foot metal cable??"
- "Like a fading…" "Tree."
- Lesbian Wednesdays
- "I used to be a child, so"
- "It were a copy and paste incident"
- "Please share it with your wank friends"
Live at the Apollo (2007):
- "Everyone in the balcony looks a bit sad"
- "LOUDER LOUDER MARCHING POWDER"
- "What’s that, Berlin?"
- "Plant." (ft. baby Miles)
The View from… (Helders’ video diaries):
- "Fuck me these smell fresh"
- "Slept like a glove"
- "You’d have to test this with your elbow"
- "You know what’s weird?"
- "Cah reah my, cah reah my, no you cah reah my"
- Jamie Cook’s Calamity Car Climb
- "Got enough room there, love?"
- "These girls are all after my tiki tiki tiki"
TLS… P… nah:
- Alison and Alex share a mic do I really need to elaborate
- "What we’re gonna do is a Bea’les cover"
- "Or a TV series"
- "If he wants Moscow he’ll get Moscow" "Yeah, give him Moscow"
- "It’s rare that we don’t look like that"
- The Tank Band
- And that time they made Jack learn a song from Alex’s ipod so he could play it with them even though he didn’t really feel like it
And if you want to keep up with this shit on tumblr you will need:
- Fuck Yeah Arctic Monkeys (amazing source for news and gigs)
- Arctic Monkeys US (amazing source for fake news, corncobbery and sometimes great inside info)
- Fuck No Arctic Monkeys (amazing source for Arctic hatelove, not necessarily for everyone but fantastic if you like to express your affection with abuse)
Okay, this is it for now. I’m sure I’m missing some vital moments and I might edit it if I think of more things, but I don’t want to make it TOO overwhelming. This definitely isn’t everything, like The Olympia Livestream of Greatness, or the B-sides or magazine interviews and doesn’t explain stuff like Agile Beast or Thousands Kane or Pointing Back but I think it’s a good start for now.