- 1 “large pot of pasta” (I used organic spiral semolina)
- *use any variety of pasta you’d like - the dry amount will vary - but it should cook up to be around 6 cups of fluffy cooked pasta
- 1/2 bag frozen spinach (about 3 cups frozen/packed or 5 fresh baby spinach, chopped)
"Vegan Alfredo" Sauce:
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water (from drained pasta)
- 3-4 Tbsp Vegenaise (vegan mayo-like condiment)
- 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt/pepper to taste
- *add in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil for a richer Alfredo texture
- -red pepper flakes (garnish)
- -Extra Virgin Olive Oil for tossing cooked pasta
- -vegan Parmesan cheese on top
- -spritz of fresh lemon juice mixed in - adds a bright zesty accent
1. Cook your pasta. Drain. (Reserve 1/3 cup of the starchy hot pasta water). Toss pasta with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil(opt’l).
2. Pour drained pasta back into the warm pot you cooked it in. Fold in all the “Alfredo Sauce” ingredients. Since the pasta is still warm, they should all melt together quite nicely.
3. Next, fold in your spinach. You should thaw frozen spinach slightly before folding in. Fresh baby spinach will wilt nicely into the warm pasta.
4. Serve warm or store in fridge overnight! Garnish with red pepper flakes on top.
Found this recipe this evening and it tasted pretty good! Can easily be made with not vegan items or with gluten-free pasta (like I did!) I didn’t use the Natural Yeast and used regular mustard, but it’s all pretty cheap items or things you’ll already have on hand!