DO-IT-YOURSELF GUIDE TO DEALING WITH YOUR CRITICS/THE HATERS
1) Do not, under any circumstances, read the comments. “Anonymous” is not a real person. “Anonymous” is disappointment, weakness fighting back, and envy at its worse. The people who talk shit and complain and stick their nose in your business on the internet don’t hate you, they hate themselves.
2) This is how you win: Surprise everyone with the next thing you do.
3) Don’t ever forget the reason you started doing what you do. When you do forget (and you will, if you get enough attention) find that thing again and get to know it. Have a second honeymoon with the things you once loved.
4) People will always shit on the things they’re scared of.
5) There are some fine, intelligent, truthful critics out there. They won’t praise, slam, or rage without reason. The rest are failed [fill-in-the-blanks] hurting you because you’re doing what they couldn’t.
6)Take the place of your heroes. It’s okay.
7) Too many good ones are gone. Be the new good ones. And: You’ll always have critics but if you listen to them we won’t always have you.
Order this zine here at Pioneers Press http://pioneerspress.com/catalog/zines/4082/
(Photo from http://queerassfemme.tumblr.com/)