I hate so much the “Original Team Arrow” argument that Oliciters
bring for excluding Laurel and Roy and probably Thea from anything
1) If your OTA was the shit, then why 2/3 of it left to ride in the sunset while Starling City still needs them?
You only act like OTA was the shit because it was a nice (for you)
trifecta of Diggle being turned into a fanboy to prop Olicity.
There is no fucking way that you can minimize/remove anyone’s benefit to
any cause by saying that they don’t deserve to be in a
group/organization just because it changes a dynamic you are too hung up
Comics!canon OTA for me is Oliver/Dinah/Roy. But I can not
imagine any version of the Arrow family that does not include Connor or
Mia or Lian. Because they matter.
You can say that the OTA
were the founders and you don’t want other recruits because they have
other motivations and skills and stories but:
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the X-Men are the five founding members
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the Avengers are the five founding members
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the Justice League are the seven founding members
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the Justice Society are the five founding members
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the Fantastic Four are the four founding members
- that’s like saying that the only worthy of being the Legion of Superheroes are the three founding members
- etc etc etc
being a “founding member” doesn’t mean shit. Who created the
comics!Avengers? Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp - all great
superheroes in their own ways. But who was the driving force behind the
team, the person that everybody associates it with? Captain America.
He was not a founding member but he was the most prominent because he
stuck behind what he believed in and never backed down; someone who was
worthy of commanding the greatest superheroes and gods.
Just like on Arrow.
The OTA “founders” Oliver and Felicity are leaving vigilantism behind
not for the first time to get their “happy ending” but they are
pronounced the moral, the driving force of this show.
Laurel, Thea are all sticking up to protecting people because it
matters to them and they know this kind of job isn’t one you can just
leave behind when you feel like.
So please knock yourself out of
this notion that only the OTA matters because without any of the
recruits, this would not have carried the show, much less season 3 of
Diggle, Laurel, Roy, Thea (include Ray if you
want) have all proven that they are more worthy of being on a team then
the two most selfish people on the show.