2014 becomes the year of biggest cyber attacks & world’s giant websites were compromised due to these cyber attacks. These attacks have steal millions of records and money by data breach.
Figure : Top Data Breaches Per Year
Biggest Databreaches and Cyber Attack occurred in 2014
1. eBay Data Breach : World’s biggest online retailer Ebay’s employee’s login credentials have been compromised and around 145M user’s have been affected, eBay have solve this and urge users to change their passwords.
2. Michaels Stores : The POS (Point of Scale System) at Michaels and Aaron Brothers stores have been compromised due to unsophisticated malware, as per company’s report 2.6 Million Credit card number & expiration date information have been stolen.
3. Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services : Some suspicious activity found on “Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services”, around 1.3 Million people’s name, address, birth date & social credentials have been stolen.
4. Variable Annuity Life Insurance Co. : About 774273 customer data of Variable Annuity Life Insurance Co. have been stolen.
5. Spec’s : Texas’s biggest retailer network Spec’s was compromised due to cyber attack, customer name, address, credit card credentials (Expiration date, security code, banking info) were stolen.