Craft Stash is on the road - this time to Brooklyn to learn to make gelato with a friend!
Lady Earl Grey Gelato
- 2 c milk
- 1 c heavy cream
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaping sachet of earl grey, lavender and rose petal tea (appx1 tbsp)
- Sauce Pan
- 3 bowls
- Ice water
- Ice cream/ gelato maker
- Wooden Spoon
Before cooking anything set up the double cooling bowls with ice and cold water in the bottom bowl and a clean bowl on top. Put the sieve on top of clean bowl.
1. Boil milk and cream with tea. Once the flavor has sufficiently combined with the milk, put mixture
through a sieve.
2. Bring milk back to a boil.
3. Mix egg yolks and sugar.
4. Add two or three tablespoons of hot milk to eggs to temper the eggs.
5. Lower heat of milk.
6. Add eggs to milk and stir constantly with wooden spoon until mixture is thick and coats the back of the spoon.
7. Transfer the mixture to the double bowl set up with ice. Thoroughly cool and then put mixture in ice cream maker where it will mix for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Enjoy right away or store gelato in the freezer.
Craft Stash Clementine Cocktail
- Freshly squeezed clementine juice
- Two parts honey Bourbon
- One part Petron Citron
- 3 drops of bitters
- Diet Tonic Water
Fill a glass half way with tonic water and a couple of cubes of ice. Put all other ingredients with ice in a skaker and shake til well blended and pour into prepared glass.
Find Mabbel at Under The Tabbel Treats on FaceBook
Music in this podcast is by Miss Emma, courtesy Vimeo