beauty looks I love and how to re-create them on your own
1. Chanel Cruise 2015 - The gold flecks and the smokey but fierce liner makes for a stunning look.
-For the gold detail, Sila makes metal foil cream-type shadow that is extremely cool but super wearable.
2. Nanette Lepore- Soft pink natural lips with the low key, but still interesting, white liner extended at the outside corners screams spring!
-NYX just came out with a white liquid liner that would be perfect to re-create this modern look.
3. Tanya Taylor- I love a good orange lip to warm things up and break the normal color routine.
-Try matte or add a gloss for shine. It’s amazing how different the finishes change the entire look.
4. Emilio Pucci- The semi-full rim keeps eyes from shrinking but still gives the piercing effect full liner gives you, especially with the slightly spiked lashes. Pair the more alternative eye look with sweet rosy cheeks and lip for balance.
- Line the outer corners thicker with black liner tapering off as you move towards the center and inner corners. Miss Manga Mascara wand has a pointed end good for creating the spiked lashes look.
5. Zac Posen - Wet look hair. Wet look shadow. Simple but super modern!
-For the eyes use a cream shadow on lid then take a little bit of Vaseline (not vapor rub watch out) and pat onto eyes. Try not to rub in because Vaseline can act like a make up remover.
6. Giorgio Armani- the brown, slightly silver, smokey-eye is both practical and flattering.
-Use a matte brown shadow like ColourPop’s To-A-T matte shadow all over lid and lower lash line then use a silver pigment or shadow to highlight inner eye corners and brow bone. You could even wet a angle brush and apply the silver on upper lash line like a liner.
7. Altuzarra- The exaggerated lashes (placed in the middle of the upper and lower lash line only) open up the eyes to give a more doll look while lining the top ends of the brow draws people to your eyes. lilac toned lipstick make you spring ready.
- placing individual lashes in the very middle of your upper and lower lash line for the doll look. A lilac lipstick like YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in Ice Plum or Revlon Lip Butter in Gumdrop give the perfect lilac with a touch of pink color.
8. Shiatzy Chen- Colored liner is defiantly a popular trend so this simple navy cat eye with a pearly finish highlighter on cheekbones gives a fresh look.
- Bright colored liners and mascaras were everywhere on my last trip to Ulta (both drugstore and high end.) Benefit’s Girl Meets Pearl highlighter is perfect for a pearl almost iridescent finish.
9. Emanuel Ungaro- Based off Andy Warhol this look is super bold but really fun for the summer
- I believe the exact lipstick used in the picture is MAC’s Lady Danger (a favorite of Lou’s.) This eye look can be re-created with pretty much any bold pigment or color. Use a white base on lids to intensify the shadow color.
10. Véronique Leroy- I am obsessed and I mean obsessed with the bare eyes, clean face, messy brow, and bright stain lip look. It is so simple but makes statement.
- for the brows take a micro brow pencil and fill in, exaggerating the boxy shape but keeping it messy. Using the brow brush comb in little vaseline, focusing on brushing the hairs upwards on the brow head. Take a darker pink or red, apply a few layers, and then pat/rub off with tissue leaving the stain behind.