5 little things eczema sufferers will understand:
1. Oh wow, thank you so much. I didn’t realise you telling me to “just stop scratching.” Would cease the feeling that my body is constantly covered in a mixture of mosquito bites and chicken pox.
2. Having to politely explain to every new person you meet what exactly is “wrong with your skin.”
3. Having to then politely listen to the same person list off a bunch of creams that you should try that helped “friends of theirs.” While calmly informing them that you have tried every single cream they’ve suggested and none of them work.
4. Never able to open anything because you just rubbed thick greasy cream over yourself 10 mins before. 😩
5. Baths are a godsend and wearing revealing clothes is never an option (unless you wanna draw stares or more pesky questions.)
Bonus: never get a good nights sleep with eczema!
People mean well but sometimes you just snap.