I have to confess, I’m not the healthiest of vegans. I’m in love with everything fried, burgers and sweets, so I’m not the biggest fan of kale. Since I got some from the food bank this week I decided to finally try kale chips. I’ve been hearing about them ever since I went vegan and everyone seems crazy about them. I was a little worried that I would hate them, but they came out a lot better then I thought. They won’t replace potato chips for me, but they’re definitely a nice healthy snack.
- 2 cups of kale
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Remove the leaves from the stems of the kale and tear them up into large pieces.
- Wash and dry your kale.
- In a big bowl, add the kale and olive oil. Massage the leaves until they are all coated in oil.
- Add the black pepper and herbes the provence (or any other herbs/spices you prefer)
- Spread the kale in a single layer on a large cooking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and spray lemon juice on your chips.
- Wait a few minutes before eating.