John Terry has admitted he is fighting for his family’s financial future as he waits for Chelsea to activate a one-year contract extension.

John Terry: ‘I am fighting for my future, for my family’s future and I want to give it everything. I don’t know how long I have left. Hopefully I have a few years left but if this is my last year then I hope I will go out on a bang. The manager came in, sat me down, and made it clear that if you work hard you will get extra years and you will play, but if not there are other players who are younger who can play and will fight for their place. This is a year roll-on. I am fighting for myself and my family, and to prove people wrong. It doesn’t come much bigger than that.’

JOHN TERRY

Jose Mourinho has confirmed in his press conference that our captain will be a Chelsea player next season. JT has also said he will retire as soon as Chelsea decide not to extend his contract.
Also in the presser, Joss revealed John Mikel Obi had a minor operation on his knee, but he should be back by April. No other injuries.

Mourinho ‘guarantees’ Terry will get new contract, remain with club next season.

Mourinho in a press conference today: ”What I can guarantee is he will be a Chelsea player next season. “No doubts he’s going to get his contract.”

Terry, a graduate of the Chelsea academy, was named man of the match after scoring the opening goal in his side’s 2-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur in Sunday’s League Cup final at Wembley.

Chelsea star Eden Hazard: “judo helped me to become top player”

"Hazard believes practising the Japanese martial art helped him land without hurting himself, because the main principle involves throwing or taking an opponent to the ground with a mix of style and strength.

When you consider that the Belgian winger is fouled on average once every 30 minutes in the Premier League, easily more than Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi in La Liga, then perhaps the diminutive wing wizard had a point.”

Read the full article in: http://www.givemesport.com

Chelsea and England defender Gary Cahill has robustly defended his ability following scrutiny of his performances. The 29-year-old centre-back enjoyed a strong start to the season, but a couple of unconvincing displays - including in a 5-3 loss at Tottenham on New Year’s Day - saw his grip on a starting place with the Blues loosen.

Gary Cahill: ”Up to December, up to Christmas time, I was unbeaten with Chelsea and unbeaten with England, everything was fine. Admittedly after Christmas there were a couple of performances that weren’t up to the standard I wanted them to be at. I don’t need everyone to tell me that.”I have had it before in my career. You have a little dip in form but you just play the games.I have proven myself time and time again. When I was at Bolton they said ‘You can’t play for England’ and I got the call for England.”I went to Chelsea and they said ‘Oh, you can’t play Champions League’. I did that. I proved them wrong. It’s about having fire in your belly and that is what has got me where I am today.”