We reached the end of Chapter 5 of The Last Halloween, which means there is a character Q&A update today! Here is my favorite part of that update, where someone asked what the main cast would look like as cats. This is probably the best question I have ever gotten, or will ever get. Drawing things that aren’t cats as cats is the most fun thing
And hey, now would be a good time to read through the whole comic, just sayin…! It’s got gags, it’s got guts, it’s got an intriguing and mysterious plot, what more could you need?
Also, in case you were curious, here’s who each cat is supposed to be–
Top pic, left to right: Banjo, Ringley, Mona, Robert, and Shirley
Middle pic, left to right: JD (the mysterious kidnapper), Dogman, Jen
Bottom pic, left to right: The monstrous gods: Tick Tock, Stitches, and Scratch
How To Give A Cat A Pill vs. How To Give A Dog A Pill
How To Give A Cat A Pill
1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand… As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.
7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from floor and set to one side for gluing later…
8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply bandage to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10. Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door onto neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw t-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.
12. Call fire department to retrieve the cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13. Tie the little bastard’s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind to leg of dining table. Find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by piece of filet steak. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order a new table.
15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
How To Give A Dog A Pill
1. Wrap it in bacon.
THIS IS A JOKE. I HAVE 10 CATS AND I KNOW HOW TO GIVE THEM A PILL. IF YOU DON’T LIKE IT, DON’T REBLOG IT. THANK YOU! :)