yo what's your 8-step skincare routine!? I'm sorry if this is in your FAQ I'm on mobile :(
I never actually mentioned it so it’s all good!
- Remove makeup: I used to use mineral oil but realised that was really bad for my skin, so I’m now switching over to Bioderma!
- Cleanse: I use Kiehl’s Oil-Free cleanser right after I get my makeup off with the oil.
- Exfoliate: this isn’t an everyday thing (and it shouldn’t be) but when I do exfoliate, Bobbi Brown’s Buffing Grains for Face, St. Ive’s Apricot Scrub, or The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Squeaky Clean scrub are my top choices.
- Tone: for a toner, I use Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Tone; it’s super soothing and doesn’t leave my face feeling tight and dry at all!
- Apply serum: this is pretty much an oil that I use straight after I tone. I use Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate.
- Moisturise: my dermatologist recommended Sebamed’s Clear Face Care Gel since it works best for my skin type and prevents pimples.
- Apply eye cream: this is such a necessity for me! My under eye area is in serious need of some TLC and is pretty much dehydrated. For this, I use Bobbi Brown’s Extra Eye Repair cream or Estée Lauder’s Advanced Time Zone cream. I recently was offered a sample from Kiehl’s (Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado) so if it works out well for me, I might purchase this too.
- Apply face cream: Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle & Pore Reducing Cream is something I’ve recently incorporated and I’ve been loving it.
- Bonus step: face masks. I’ll apply a mask every fortnight and the two I swear by are Origins’ Clear Improvement Charcoal mask and GinZing Refreshing mask. Sometimes I’ll use sheet masks from Leaders Insolution too!