Two things that seem to contradict one another —
1. Take Jim Rohn’s advice, that you should never put off until tomorrow, if you can do it tonight. You never know, it might be too heavy to carry, by the morning.
2. Don’t chase the night. You had a good day, and you wanted to keep it going. You drank iced coffee when you got home, and now you’re not going to sleep.
3. If I really want to improve my life, I need to start being more responsible about regulating my sleep.
4. That having been said, I have been doing an incredible job of growing myself in a positive direction, these past few months. I’m living a much more disciplined life. I think I’m almost ready to treat this “comedy” thing like a profession.
5. If you want comedy to be your profession, then act professionally.
6. As in: Profess to the world, “I want to be myself, and be honest about it, and get paid for that.”
7. And don’t apologize for it. Stop that. People either want to see you achieve your dreams, or don’t-worry-about-the-people-in-Group-2.
8. Just focus on that first group. Find them, respect them, appreciate them. Engage with them. And don’t be afraid to ask what people think I could do to earn more money from my comedy. Sometimes the people outside of a business can see the obvious stuff that you’re missing.
9. It wasn’t meant to be, for you. But someone is going to make a lot of money off BrainStore, once they start doing it.
10. You are incredibly lucky to have the friends you have, the family you have, and the partner you have. And honestly, you’re lucky for everyone who helped patiently steer you away from the self-doubt and self-resentment that you’ve struggled with for the past decade-plus. And I write that in the happiest — and also in the most “I mean it though” — way.
11. You’re a lucky dude. Now document the story, you dummy.
People are gonna want
Because if you keep track, you’ll be able to figure out how to live the life you most want to live.
(And like I said —- a good lesson for next time is to save the coffee for the morning)
(But also, good for you for writing this and posting it. It shows genuine growth)