I was re-tagged by ours-is-the-renly to do the eleven questions tag, thank you amigo :D I’m not gonna come up with 11 new questions though :P
1. What’s your favourite song, and why? My favourite song on the entire planet is Paparazzi by Lady Gaga, and to this very day I don’t quite know why. Something about the melody just really speaks to me and actually evokes an emotional response from me. The VMA performance of it has reduced me to tears so many times because it sounds so beautiful, especially the harmonies in the first rendition of the chorus. The slightly worrying thing, however, is that apparently we choose our ‘favourite’ songs based on how much we relate to the lyrics… So I’m not sure if I wanna know what having Paparazzi as my favourite song really says about me…
2. What was the happiest moment of your life? Hmm, it’s difficult to pinpoint an exact moment… I’d say that meeting Derren Brown was one of the highlights of my life, definitely. He’s a role model to me, so being able to actually speak to him in person was unbelievable- almost as unbelievable as how talented he is! I’ve had a couple of really amazing moments from Irish Dancing too, and achieving things I never thought I’d achieve. I remember I got 6 first places at a feis (competition) once, and went on to get the highest grade in my dancing class for the grade exams that year, meaning I got the student of the year award. That was only my second year dancing, so at the time I felt euphoric. There’s so many other little moments here and there that mean a lot to me too, but they’re for another post :P Generally speaking though, the happiest moments of my life all have something to do with achievement.
3. What do you like most about yourself? Again, it’s hard to pick just one thing (because I’m so great, you know? Ah no, I’m not that great at all). I guess one of the things I like about myself is my ability to detach from anything and everything. Whether it be trying to analyse W.B. Yeats’ poetry, dealing with an argument with a friend, or coping with difficult family situations, my ability to take a step back and view things objectively has served me very well in life. People tend to admire my ability to not make a fuss/ my resilience, but I really think this has more to do with my ability to view things through a more objective lens when needed.
4. What habit, either in yourself or other people, annoys you the most? Oh God, I could probably write an entire saga on habits I despise in myself and others. A habit that I’ve developed lately that I’m doing my best to get rid of is deliberately making sure that I don’t look like I’m staring at something or someone in particular, so I look down or all around me instead. Its gotten to the point where even when I’m at home I’ll end up deliberately looking around the room or to the side at regular intervals so as not to seem like I’m staring at anything. So weird.
5. What story has affected you the most? I couldn’t think of any story, fiction or non-fiction, that has affected me in the way I live my life or anything… But the ‘House of Night’ book series had quite an impact on me in the sense that they felt extremely realistic, so much so that for a day or two I couldn’t snap out of this weird mindset where I was convinced I was the main character from the series. I even began having dreams where I was being called by the main character’s name! So I guess that story had a very literal effect on me.
6. What did you want to be when you were a kid? First a dancer, then a writer, then a singer, then an animator, then a doctor, then a child psychologist, then a paediatrician, then back to a doctor.
7. Would you describe yourself as an optimist, a pessimist, or neither? I’d say I’m a realist with varying levels of optimism and pessimism. (<—- world’s most non-committal answer)
8. What is/was your favourite subject in school? All through primary school English, Irish and Art were my favourites, but most of the time in secondary school my favourites were Irish and French.
9. Who do you admire most in the world (alive or dead)? Once again, I can’t edit it down to a single person! So I’m just gonna list some people I admire instead; Lady Gaga, Derren Brown, Joan Rivers, suffragettes in general and Ellen De Generes.
10. What’s your favourite food? Lasagne, pizza or sorbet. Or anything minty.
11. If you could only do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Without meaning to sound super creepy, I’d be more than happy to spend the rest of my life analysing other people. I adore it more than anything & it’s one of the only things that can hold my interest for hours, if not days, on end.
So there’s that! bornthiswayxx I’ll be answering your questions next! :D