1. Some of the earliest tools we’ve found are knives, axes, spears, clubs, and bows.
2. One of the earliest recorded events was a battle.
3. Prehistoric human bones very often bear damage from weapons.
4. The earliest societies were not formed as matriarchal, bonobo-style hippy communes, but bands led by warchiefs for the purpose of being stronger than and exploiting and oppressing their neighbours.
5. “Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing sooner than war” -Homer, 8th-C BCE
6. When angered, a human’s natural instinct is to lash out and attack.
War is the natural state of mankind. Beneath the civilised exterior of electronics and tolerance and decadent, evolved manners lies a fur-clad barbarian itching to bury an axe in someone. Some of us accept that more than others.