I haven’t updated my infographics yet, because I’m only going to bother updating those for the ocean legs. But I believe we now know all (or at least most) of the crew changes for tomorrow’s in-port race in Cape Town, and for Leg 2 to Abu Dhabi, which starts on Wednesday.
Here’s what I’ve got:
ADOR, Brunel, Vestas: No crew changes for either the in-port race or Leg 2.
- In-port race: Alberto Bolzan out (“family matters”), no one replacing him (the boat will sail with 7 crew + OBR)
- Leg 2: No changes
- In-port race: Justine Mettraux out, Elodie Mettraux (her sister) in
- Leg 2: Sally Barkow and Sara Hastreiter out, Dee Caffari and Elodie Mettraux in
- In-port race: Pascal Bidégorry out, Liu Xue (Black) in
- Leg 2: Yang Jiru (Wolf) out, Liu Xue (Black) in
- In-port race: Michel Desjoyeaux, Nico Lunven, and Iker Martínez out (the boat will be skippered by Xabi Fernández); Rob Greenhalgh (Libby’s brother) and Jean-Luc Nélias in. (The boat will sail with 7 crew + OBR.)
- Leg 2: Michel Desjoyeaux, Nico Lunven out; Rob Greenhalgh and Jean-Luc Nélias in
This is based mostly on a post from the official VOR site: Who’s Who. Sail-world.com also has an article about the Dongfeng crew changes.
If you want to watch the in-port race, it should be live-streamed on YouTube; see the official site’s YouTube channel around 1150 UTC (0350 California time) tomorrow for that.