Blog Spotlight: GarnerStyle
Today,while browsing the web we came across a post from one of our fellow bloggers "GarnerStyle" . Where she shared some tips on finding shoes for ladies who have trouble finding larger sizes.
- My go-to stores are Ninewest, Nordstrom & Nordstrom Rack ~ They make searching easy and generally have a large shoe sections for even the size 11s and above. If you are fortunate to live near outlets, Ninewest Outlets have a great selection of size 12s.
- Try and different brands and so you can familarize yourself with how they fit. I never have a hope of wearing Manolos, Jimmy Choo or Christian Loubitins, because they run narrow and small, even in a size 12 I can’t wear those shoes. My feet resemble those of Fred Flintstone (thanks Mom!). I can, however, wear Valentino, they run fairly normal in size.
- When you see it, buy it. I’ve always had a snatch and grab theory when it comes to shoes. They are so hard to find that when find a pair that is perfect for you then buy it. I promise it won’t be there later.
- Plus size retailers like Torrid, Lane Bryant, an often do carry shoes in larger sizes and in wider widths, so make sure you are always looking at those places just in case something fabulous comes along.
- Repair, repair, repair. Like a good man, size 11+ fabulous shoes are hard to find. Instead of tossing your favorite pair of shoes that become damaged, get them repaired. Better yet, do a little preventative care on your shoes so that they will last longer. You can have the soles reinforced for a small fee.
- eBay!!! Fabulous & unique shoes are sold on eBay all the time in size 11s or larger.
- Just like plus size clothing, these retailers are starting to realize that there is a large market of women who wear a size 11+, so they are starting to cater to that girl. Get your google search on periodically to just see who’s carrying those size 11s, 12s, & 13s.
- Finally, know that you are going to be on the hunt. You want fabulous shoes they are not just going to jump up and say, “Here I am!” Don’t get discouraged when you don’t find what you want, just keep looking. Persistence will pay off, I promise!
Make sure to subscribe to her blog , she always shares great reviews on plus size fashion and if you have any more questions feel free to follow her on twitter or send her a message on her facebook page .
Do share and return