Rejected opera idea of the day:
A grand opera version of Avatar, the Last Airbender.
Aang: soprano pants role
Prince Zuko: tenor
Princess Azula: soprano
Fire Lord Ozai: bass
Momo and Appa: puppets, Lion King/War Horse style
Chorus of Earth, Water, and Fire Nation citizens, Kyoshi warriors
Chorus of dancers
- The story rocks.
- Dancers would physically represent the bending of the main characters — earth, water, air, fire, metal, and lightning.
- Built in moments of angst and self reflection for arias.
- Built in three act structure for grand opera.
- Did I mention the dancers thing? Because that would seriously fucking rock.
- Lots of plot and travel and locations and battles and flying bison and giant airships would make for a very expensive opera.
- Sopranos love their hair too much to wear a bald cap for a pants role.
- Nickelodeon suing my nuts off.