10 FAVORITE CHARACTERS NAME YOUR 10 FAVORITE CHARACTERS FROM MOVIES OR TV SERIES OR BOOKS, THEN TAG PEOPLE
I was tagged by justsuperblue, an amusing blog by an absolutely adorable person.
This was hard but I think I picked good ones. There are just so many good characters out there and I may have wimped out over the last one.
1. DEATH from any number of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld books. Though more prominently from “Hogfather”, “Mort” and “The Color of Magic”. The quotes that come from that character are always amazing and really make you think. He is a wonderful character that gives an interesting view of death as a whole. I agree with others whom had hoped that if they ever die and meat Death, that he would end up being like the one from the Discworld books. I always look forward to his random appearances throughout the series (and, to a lesser extend, the death of rats. He is cute.)
2. Phil and Lem from Better off Ted. I know it says ‘pick one’ but I don’t care! I’m a rule breaker. Besides, you can’t have one without the other in this set. They are intelligent, hilarious and are the true source of genius for the company. It bugs the heck out of me at how they are constantly ripped off and at the same time are the perfect display of current day business and how they profiteer off of others. I both hate and love this show.
3. Holly from Red Dwarf. Because Holly is amazing. It needs no other explanation.
4. Loki from both the movies and comics, though most particularly the ones of when he was a child in the Journey into Mystery comics. Yes, I know he is technically a villain but he is a wonderfully complicated character whom is not always evil or even predominantly intentionally so. He has a methodology and even sometimes works to try to help others only to let himself take the blame and others get the rewards simply because he really does care. The Journey into Mystery comics really do bring unique depth and interest to the character. The whole thing is a wonderfully painful read for loki-lovers.
5. BBC’s Sherlock Holmes (of course.) I love that he is so cut off from everyone emotionally and tries to pretend that he is above it all, but then will do anything he can to help others. He is a walking epitome of “actions speak louder then words” at times. Particularly with his dogged perusal of truth despite the fact that he himself tends to twist words and lie frequently, but all this within the attempt to dig out the truth of the situation itself. I also emphasize with his seeming state of demisexuality.
6. BBC’s John Watson (again, of course) for being the walking epitome of honor, bravery and loyalty. He will do anything he can to help others. Similar to Sherlock’s effort to find truth, he tries to aid, heal, and guard others to an obsessive extent. The true soul of the guardian, even if he may be cold and distant to those he doesn’t know, especially in his protectiveness of those he does.
7. Douglas from Cabin Pressure. He is the Co-pilot and I love his coldly ironic view. Although he seems cold, shows a secret soft spot for everyone he works for. I think the character is a great portrayal of the sarcastic dryness and exhaustion that pilots can have to the system after a while and I love the humor and quick wit the character employs.
8. Rube from Dead like Me. He’s deep. He is in charge. He is the father figure of the reapers and I really love the no-nonsense and caring attitude the character has. The whole series was emotionally heavy and thought provoking. Well worth the watch.
9. Owen Burnett (aka Puck) from Gargoyles (a childhood favorite.) Because he is absolutely adorable and I loved both the no-nonsense straight-man as well as the mischievous sprite character sides of him. It takes the whole ‘duel personality’ thing to a whole new and entertaining level. That and anything that incorporates Shakespeare, Mythology and/or Grimm Brothers tends to amuse the heck out of me.
10. Detective Inspector Frost from the show A Touch of Frost. Because he is amazing and the entire show is just wonderful.
I tag beautifulfic, maniacaltoaster, double-zero-agent-alison, desroix, patternofdefiance, thesavvyostrich, scgt1717, joeyfalconetti, bakerstreetskull, zhinxy, belladonnaq and anyone else who feels like playing along. :)