Supplies you will need:
A&D (included) or Bacitracin
Band aides or medical tape
Antibacterial soap (nothing with fragrance)
IF IT IS NOT LISTED ABOVE DO NOT USE IT!!!!!!!!
TO ENSURE PROPER HEALING AND QUALITY OF COLOR, YOU ARE URGED TO FOLLOW THIS AFTER CARE PROCESS. YOUR TATTOO IS AN OPEN WOUND AND MUST BE CARED FOR PROPERLY!!!
- Wash tattoo thoroughly, using any antibacterial soap. DO NOT use rags or other materials on your tattoo. Wash the tattoo with your fingertips.
- Rinse tattoo thoroughly with cool water.
- Apply a thin coat of either A&D ointment or Bacitracian. Rub ointment into skin, do not gob on!
- Cut a piece of Saran Wrap to completely cover your tattoo, and then place the Saran Wrap over your tattoo. Make sure your tattoo is covered with the Saran Wrap when sleeping or wearing clothes. Clothing can irritate your tattoo, irritation will hinder the healing process.
- When not sleeping or wearing clothes remove the Saran Wrap, repeat steps 1 & 2 and let your tattoo get some air. DO NOT leave your tattoo uncovered or covered for more than a few hours at a time. When your tattoo is uncovered and starts to feel really dry, you can apply a thin layer of the ointment listed above. Your tattoo must get air to heal properly. DO NOT “smother” it by keeping it covered with Saran Wrap or the ointment all the time. Also, you should not let it air out all the time as it may dry up and alter the appearance and hinder healing.
- Repeat these steps AT LEAST 3-4 times per day, until your tattoo peels. The more this process is repeated the faster your tattoo will heal.
- Once your tattoo completely peels you may use regular hand lotion to keep it from drying out.
THINGS TO AVOID UNTIL YOUR TATTOO IS COMPLETELY HEALED:
sunbathing/tanning/exposure to sun/sunburns
salt water or chlorinated water
Do not neglect your new tattoo, it is an open wound and needs your constant care. Sweat will irritate your new tattoo, if you are in a situation where sweat penetrates your new tattoo, you will need to follow the steps above more often. Avoid scabs but in the event that mild scabbing occurs, DO NOT pick at or attempt to “wash off” the scab. Allow it to fall off by itself. In addition, you should seek medical attention if the tattoo site becomes infected or painful, or if you develop a fever shortly after being tattooed.
IF YOU FAIL TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO AS LISTED ABOVE, IT MAY HINDER HEALING AND ALTER THE APPEARANCE OF YOUR NEW TATTOO. ANY FUTURE WORK NEEDED ON YOUR TATTOO DUE TO YOUR NEGELCT WILL BE AT YOUR COST.
If you have questions or concerns, contact us at (810) 364-3500 or by email email@example.com or at facebook.com/Iwantink