Attention Gladiators! There is an uproar in the ‘Scandalverse’ over the alleged death of B613 henchman and sometime Olivia Pope-bed wench, Jake Ballard. The screenshots below from the promo of next week’s episode, ‘Scandal 4.20 – “First Lady Sings the Blues,” appear to show a bloodied Jake sprawled out dead on the OPA conference table, after his violent encounter with Franklin Russell, another of Olivia‘s bed wenches. We do not believe Jake is really dead as the promo photos for the episode airing the following week, ‘Scandal 4.21 – “A Few Good Women,” show Jake recovering from his injuries, being nursed back to health by Olivia Pope in her own bed. Is Jake really dead? Here is our take on how Jake could be ‘resurrected’:
Scandal 4.20 Promo – “First Lady Sings Blues” – ‘Dead’ Jake Sprawled Out on the OPA Conference Room Table
- OPA find Jake on the firm conference room table. He has been stabbed multiple times by Russell. He appears to be dead, and even Quinn cries out that he is dead. We believe he is only close to death, not dead. One of the team will realize he is still breathing.
- Olivia cannot take Jake to a real hospital for fear of triggering another attack from B613. She will be forced to temporarily go underground and have him treated, off the books. This is probably why ‘Scandal’ was recently spotted filming Olivia Pope standing by a pharmacy in a seedy part of town.
- Though Russell tells Rowan that Jake has been eliminated, Rowan counters him, telling him that Olivia has gone underground. This means that Russell‘s next task will be to find Olivia, and ultimately Jake Ballard, to finish the job.
- Russell will find where Olivia is hiding with Jake. From the screenshots of Huck and Russell below, you will notice IV drip equipment in the background. We believe Olivia has set up a makeshift treatment facility for Jake, but Russell finds the location.
Scandal 4.20 Promo – “First Lady Sings Blues” – Huck handles Russell
- Russell has found Jake and attempts to finish him off, however, Huck gets to Russell first. from the screenshots below, you will see Huck plunging a syringe in Russell‘s neck. Jake‘s life is spared.
- Huck and Quinn will torture Russell for information on Rowan, which may lead to Rowan‘s own demise.
- Once the threat of B613 passes, Olivia will take Jake back to her home to recover in more comfortable surroundings. This is implied in the promo photo below from ‘Scandal’ 4.21 – “A Few Good Women.”
We notice from the promo photos of “A Few Good Women” that Olivia
still hasn’t replaced the sofa cushion she threw out because of the
wine stain. Perhaps she throw out her mattress too. By right, that
mattress needs to be burned. It has seen far too much “traffic”
in recent weeks and is anything but sanitary. And this is where the
writers have her place gravely ill man, highly susceptible to infection,
to recover. Yuck! Let’s hope she replaces her bed soon, at least before Fitz shows up again.