We’re gonna play a new game called Top 10 TV shows because there’s one for films, so I’d like to do one for TV shows. Write down your top shows and then tag 10 friends to do the same!
I was tagged by redhotchiligingers.tumblr.com
These are in no particular order.
1) Ray Donovan (it’s got an interesting premise behind it although I wish they’d focus more on his job instead of his messed up family, but hey it has Liev Schreiber, so I’m hooked.)
2) Supernatural (I started this one late in the game, then went back and watched four seasons in a summer vacation. The first season will always be my favorite of the bunch, but I love it)
3) True Blood (Again, started this one late in the game. It was a fun show while it lasted. I hated to see it go and change like it did and in all honesty the ending sucked. I’ll leave it at that.)
4) Forever (I just started this one two days ago after a night of insomnia. It reminds me of a Castle/Sherlock Holmes/Sleepy Hollow mix in a lot of ways, but oddly enough I like it. It’s based in New York City (which is one of my favorite cities) and Ioan Gruffudd is really endearing in this one)
5) The Strain (Honestly, I never read the book series (though I’m tempted to now) and some of the show is just so slow to me. I’m not a big fan of the main character, but there are a few characters on the show I really like and oh yeah, again it takes place in NYC and some of the places in it I’ve been to a few times, so again I was lured in by NYC and I stuck it out throughout the season and will probably pick it up again)
6) Cutthroat Kitchen (Holy shit…people are brutal on this show. It’s like taking a cooking show and telling people with talent it doesn’t matter because everyone will just pay to give you out of this world, over the top crazy sabotages and yet it’s amusing as ever. You want to hate the backstabbing and the outlandish situations the chefs find themselves in especially because most of the time the biggest jerk wins, but damn it’s addictive. Plus Alton Brown reminds me of one of my professors that I really like, so yeah, I keep watching…)
7) Banshee (I like it. I didn’t think I would when it first came out, but then I decided to give it a go and watched almost all of the episodes in like a week when I was off of school. Yes, I sound like I do tv marathons, but I’m so busy during school that when I get time off I just need to shut my brain down with tv or something. Overall it’s a bit violent and has a lot of sexual situations in it, but somehow you just can’t help, but like some of the characters even if they are shady or just awful people)
8) American Horror Story (The first season was just incredible. I wasn’t sold on the second season so much and the third was a bit better than the second in my opinion. I’m not sure yet what to think of this new season, but what I can say is that it’s got an incredibly talented cast and even with it’s dark/twisted nature I still find myself going back to check it out)
9) Penny Dreadful (Honestly this one felt slow to me. I wanted to like it so much, but the focus on Vanessa was just too much for me. I still kept watching however and I have to say the one thing that really perked my interest was the kiss between Ethan and Dorian. I don’t know why, but it actually made me take pause and say hey that’s something interesting because seconds earlier I was teasing that Dorian wanted Ethan. Funny…I guess I was right on that one lol)
10) How to Get Away with Murder (I just started watching this show as well and I like it. I think the element of mystery splashed in with some interesting characters makes it a fun show, which really surprised me)
11) Face Off ( I know it’s only 10 we are supposed to do, but I LOVE this show. Being a creative person myself and having to do little challenges for my design style I can relate and am in awe of all the talent on the screen each season. It’s a fun, really creative show and although I like some seasons more than others I’ve watched it from the start and keep watching. It’s great)
I tag: hughxjackman,heather-xavier-lehnsherr, avengingxmen, sheisstrangerthanfiction, alliebc313, canam77, cycat4077