It’s been a while, Dear Drinkers! I’ve missed you all, and continue to work ever harder to come up with seasonal comestibles, while inundated by the annual onslaught of Pumpkin Spice Everything. I was, Dear Drinkers, moved, however, by the events of the last couple days. Some rather heinous stuff went down, to someone who really deserved none of the hassle or trouble. The public outpouring of support and honest, actual love that has been provided to today’s Honoree has been inspiring, though, as has the aplomb with which our Honoree has handled the… Pain In The Neck of the last several days. And if anyone knows something about pains in the neck, it’s today’s honoree.
Ladies and Gentlemen…
It’s Ask Celestia Stuff!
This glorious princess has stuck her neck out time and again, and the grace and dignity with which they handled having their account stolen, and rebuilding, has been the epitome of Majestic Grace.
An Ask Celestia Stuff
- 2oz. Bourbon
- 6oz. Chilled Ginger Ale
- Chilled Collins Glass
- Thin Strip of lime-peel 1.5x the length of the glass.
- Thin Strip of lemon-peel 1.5x the length of the glass
- Thin Strip of Grapefruit-peel 1.5x the length of the glass
A Vegetable Peeler, or a knife to peel the fruit.
Making an Ask Celestia Stuff:
- Put strips of fruit peel into glass, with bottom of peel just touching the bottom of the glass, and the other end draped up over the lip of the glass.
- Put ice in the Collins glass.
- Pour Bourbon over Ice.
- Pour Ginger Ale over Bourbon
You’ve just made an Ask Celestia Stuff!
This is a classic, classic drink, that I’ve modified by adding two other colors of citrus-fruit peel as garnish, to evoke the image of Celly’s Mane. The drink used to produce this special honor? Well… What better cocktail for Ask Celestia Stuff… Than a Horse’s Neck?~
Keep sending in suggestions as to who you’d like to see made into a drink, and Stay Thirsty, my friends!