I was tagged by church_roofs. Sorry this took so long!
These are the rules:
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asked you and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was young, around 7, I wanted to be a basketball player. It was my one dream. I practiced every day, drills, the works. Well, people thought it necessary to point out to me that I was short. Too short to ever play. They told me every day, every time I was doing drills, every time I wanted to play. Eventually, it got to me. :/ Thankfully, that year, I wrote my first essay. It was ten pages long. Kind of found my calling after that.
- Now what do you want to be when you grow up? Still want to be a writer, though that definition was a lot more clear when I was younger. In the grand scheme though? Content. I’ve always felt true happiness was really contentment in disguise.
- Think about a time when you were younger that you were told “It’s just a phase you’re going through” or something along those lines. Looking back, was it true, or is that so-called “phase” still a pretty big part of your personality now? When it came to basketball, they never said it was a phase. They just straight up told me I couldn’t do it. I guess I’ve never really had someone accuse me of a phase. I was always very stubborn in my ways, sometimes to a fault. I don’t change easily, and am very passionate.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? My imagination..
- What were your favorite shows as a kid? Dexter’s Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Power Rangers, Tales After Dark, Star Trek.
- What skill would you really like to learn someday? I’d like to play an instrument. The piano, or violin, something like that. Also would love to know how to paint.
- What is your very first memory?Opening a garbage bag Christmas present to find a HUGE Winnie the Pooh Bear.
- Who is your favorite author or artist?Sara Douglas, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Marget Weis and Tracy Hickman, Jim Butcher, Rowling, Tolkien, etc.
- Do you play any musical instruments? I was in choir. Does my voice count?
- What is your idea of a perfect day? Alone: In nature, completely away from people, on a bright, breezy day. Under a tree with a pen, a notebook, and a book to read. With People: Sitting in a place, good music, and better laughs.
- If you could travel back in time and give yourself one piece of advice, what would it be?Not everyone will seek to hurt you. It’s okay to relax..
- Would you change your name and if yes, to what and if not, why not? Oh God yes. Do you know how many Brittany’s are in this world. Too many my friends. I’ve always like Gabrielle, but I would probably pick Jadzeia.
- Do you have any pets? Elaborate, please. I have a wonderful dog, named Luca. She’s a Beage/Fox Terrier, and she’s the sweetest puppy I know. I’ve had her for three years, and I wouldn’t wish for any other puppy.
- What was your first fandom ever? The Vampire Chronicles. Lestat is my first love. Hannbial was a very close second, with Batman and Joker close on their trail.
- What fandoms are you involved in now? Oh man. Hannibal, Sherlock, Elementary, Supernatural, Star Trek, Farscape, 30 Rock, Batman. The list goes on, but I’m scaring myself.
- What’s the most important thing you’ve learned from tumblr? Awareness. I’ve always taken part, and paid attention to social issues, but it wasn’t until I joined tumblr that I truly saw them. Heard from so many wonderful people, and all of their experiences and trials. Because of this, I’ve taken that awareness into my every day life, and I love it.
- Do you have any hidden talents? Um, I’m not sure. I’ve never been able to admit to any talent really. I sing all the time, in front of too many people. I write for a living, and I try to paint. Is being able to withstand crazy pain a talent?
- What are your bullet-proof kinks? BDSM. I’ve been active in the lifestyle for a short time, but always been a part of it. I’m happy to talk about it, and remain unashamed. :)
- Do you affiliate to any one belief or religion? Nope. Agnostic, borderline atheist.
- Favorite Quote: Vi Veri Veniverisum Vivus Vici. By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe..
- Who are your fictional boyfriends and girlfriends? Hannibal is my hubby, Lestat is my jealous boyfriend, Raistlin is my dodgy lover, and Q is the guy who moved far away, but likes to visit.
- If you could invite any 6 (living, sorry, no dead) people over to dinner at your house, who would they be? Anne Rice is one. Not even to talk books. I just think she’s wonderful. John Barrowman, because also, a beautiful person. David Tennant. Jack Nicholson, because I feel like he’d be crazy awesome. Benedict Cumberbatch, so I can stare and stammer like a mad woman. While I’m doing that, also invite Mads Milkkelson. Might as well make my madness count.
I tag blueintheface14, artsy-gamer, frankie27, regalcannibalqueen, ivysaurousrex, el-chupamacabre, awfulsurly, describingcolours, and anyone else!
- If you could commit one crime, and you would get away with it, no matter the circumstances, what would you do?
- What’s the most beautiful song you’ve ever heard?
- If you had to apologize to the person you think you hurt the most, what would you say?
- If there was only one thing you could ever taste again, what would it be?
- What one moral will you never sacrifice, no matter the situation or circumstance?
- If there was an accomplishment of yours that makes you the most proud, what would it be?
- Who taught you morals, consciousness, and empathy?
- When was a time you felt the most content, or happy? Describe it, please.
- What was your favorite book as a kid?
- Imagine you are unafraid of public speaking, and have a stadium full of people listening, what would you say to them?
- Is there a person in your life that you couldn't manage to do without?