What was the moment you feel terribly horribly in love with Parker?
OH GOD. I’m not sure I can pinpoint the exact moment, because there have been SO MANY MOMENTS and I’ve only watched the whole series once, and my memory isn’t great with keeping things in chronological order. So instead, here is a list of all the moments that are popping into my head as “PARKER I LOVE YOU SO MUCH” moments. One of them was probably the first one.
- Obviously (see: tag choice) “Thief Juice: it’s a mouth crime.”
- God, that moment in the ice cave with Eliot, when she wants so much to do the right thing, and doesn’t even entirely understand why, and is trying so hard and, ugh, my fucking heart. PARKER.
- "Alice made a friend.” “YOU made a friend, Parker.” It will not be necessary to kill me because I have already died
- This, I know, is a weird one, but: obviously that whole Archie/Sterenko episode is chock full of Parker feels (her warehouse with lights that go on automatically when the doors open and the bedroom part right in the middle so she’d have ample warning/time/distance to defend herself/get away if anyone broke in, PARKERRRRRR), but the moment that really gets me is that when Archie tells her she’s got a good crew, and her response is, “A little undisciplined, but yeah.” Like. Not that the Leverage crew isn’t a little undisciplined but until that moment I hadn’t really thought about the amount of constant, unceasing training and conditioning it must take for Parker to remain Parker, and I’m so glad the show took the moment to point that out, you know? Because with a character like Eliot, for example, you do think about it, because nobody could have that kind of musculature or reaction time in a fight without major physical upkeep — but Parker must do that too. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Parker did more of it, because what Parker does takes more muscle control even than Eliot’s talents. I don’t know if this bullet point is even making sense I just like, PARKER JUMPS OFF BUILDINGS LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY but thinks of her crew as undisciplined and that makes me love her so much I don’t even know how to explain it.
- That episode where she gets put in group therapy for the con and actually like. Does some therapy. For herself. Because she’s there anyway and might as well.
- “I THINK I MIGHT BE HAVING WEIRD FEELINGS FOR… PRETZELS”
- That entire episode with her torn ACL but especially the phone call with Hardison, where she’s like “I’m fine” and he’s like “You TORE YOUR ACL take your medicine” and she’s like “Pain pills make things all wibbly-wobbly, I GOTTA BE IN CONTROL, [quote from Heat].” And then later in that same episode where she calls Eliot and he’s like “How’s the knee,” and she’s like “DRIVING ME TO CRAZYTOWN” because she hates not being able to slip away at a moment’s notice and/or crawl through the air vents. WHICH SHE THEN DOES WITH A TORN ACL. Parker you beautiful messy bizarre control freak ilu so much
- “A man with one watch knows the time. A man with two is never sure […] I had fortune cookies for breakfast.”
- WHEN SHE CRIES BECAUSE HARDISON PLAYING THE VIOLIN IS SO BEAUTIFUL BE STILL MY BEATING GODDAMN HEART
- “Cops bad. Thieves go!”
- Her entire Christmas thing. And I mean like obviously with Parker the Christmas thing is part of the general like, childlike innocent super dangerous master thief thing, but I just. She loves the things she loves so much! And so unashamedly! And it’s great.
- BUT REALLY, I realized as I typed this out, the real answer to this question is: when she stabbed that guy with that fork. That was it. That was the moment.