I think we should appreciate how the, ‘cool,’ Haikyuu!! characters are such dorks.
Actually, not even just the cool characters, but ALL OF THE CHARACTERS.
- Kageyama flips his lid whenever volleyball is mentioned, and thinks the brain is a muscle.
- Kageyama still doesn’t know how to properly high five someone.
- Daichi and Asahi high-fived each other so hard they nearly collapsed from the pain.
- Ennoshita likes making films and casts his loser friends in every one.
- Ennoshita is the, ‘Boss,’ of the Second Years.
- Daichi made the fire alarm go off while in a scuffle with the basketball captain.
- Sugawara has a shrimp shirt.
- Asahi has long hair/ facial hair, because he thought it made him look, ‘wild.’
- Asahi is a powerful Ace who is constantly mistaken for a delinquent adult when he is about as dangerous as a ball of cotton.
- Aone is an even bigger ball of cotton who just wants someone to sit next to him on the train -
protect him at all costs.
- Tsukishima collects dinosaurs and knows so much useless trivia, and Yamaguchi thinks he’s the coolest guy ever -
plus they both have matching Prada bags.
- Shimada actually folds his clothes neatly before he plays a volleyball game.
- Ukai is a big, tough grumpy grump who sings to himself while cleaning when he thinks no one is listening.
- Takeda looks like a 14 year old boy, but apparently loves to drink and party.
- Kenma inwardly squeals and has face sparkles when he gets a new game.
- Kuroo and Bokuto are two amazingly strong captains with so much knowledge and wisdom and they live and breathe really stupid puns and provocation.
- Lev is literally a 6’4” baby.
- Bokuto is probably an even bigger baby than Lev.
- Akaashi is everyone’s mom.
- Iwaizumi collected bugs as a kid while Oikawa was a HUGE alien nerd and had a whole bunch of alien swag.
- Oikawa is probably still an alien nerd, but hides it all behind his volleyball posters.
- Ushijima is as dense if not more dense than the protagonist in a harem/ reverse harem anime.
- Akiteru has a Sazae San shirt and prioritizes the cuteness of his nearly 6’2” brother.
- Kindaichi is Oikawa and Iwaizumi’s biggest fangirl and looks like a turnip.
- Mad Dog is literally the angry puppy that pisses on everything that only likes Iwaizumi.
- Koganegawa is a 6’2” precious crybaby who looks like a Pokemon and wants nothing more than to please his senpai.
- Sakunami is half of his size and his guardian angel.
- Nishinoya and Hinata have been mistaken for elementary school kids.
- Literally every time Hinata has to go to the bathroom he is stopped by some threatening force - God, just let the kid pee.
There are a thousand more instances, but these are the ones that came to my mind. Feel free to add.