Zain signing a solo deal was the ONLY way he could opt out of the contract with 1D unscathed. He was overworked and tired but to able to leave without going broke he had no choice but to sign with suck individually.
let me explain to you why it would’ve been more logical for zayn to stay with 1d
- instead of having 4 others to record with, he records alone
- instead of having 4 others to promo his album with, he’s alone
- instead of doing interviews with 4 others so that he doesn’t have to talk when he doesn’t feel comfortable, he’s interviewed alone
- instead of performing with 4 others who can provide the stage presence, he’ll be performing alone in front of however many fans for however many dates
- instead of having the attention directed on 1d as a whole, all of the attention will now be on him
- if he’s there, he’ll be at award shows alone
- instead of the pressure of meeting deadlines being on 5 people, it’s on him
- and because he’s still with simon/syco i can’t imagine that his schedule will be any less demanding than it was with 1d
all for ?? a little musical freedom when it comes to the types of songs he wants to record? a little break before people start demanding things again? i dont think it’s worth it for a second. it’s beyond being upset at him for going solo (as it’s seeming pretty nonnegotiable at this point), it’s concern that he’s not going to be able to handle the demands of going solo. a “normal” 22 year old doesn’t do all of this.