Y'all know the Buzzfeed “15 Signs You Went to American University” listicle? The one that made the most bland and stereotypical AU jokes? Well, here’s a list of 11 actual signs you go to American University.
1. You’ve stopped complaining about the AU Shuttle because you should’ve left AU’s campus by now and you’ve learned that WMATA is much worse.
2. You complain about the people who monopolize classroom discussions with their personal politics-
3. -but let’s be real you probably do it all the time.
4. You laugh when people complain about 8:55 classes because you’ve got a real job or internship and need to wake up at 7 in the morning.
5. You’ve stopped trying to pick up guys in MGC. In fact, let’s face it, you’ve probably stopped trying to find someone to date on AU’s campus at all.
6. You’re actually offended someone made an AU-themed listicle and didn’t make a West Wing joke.
7. Or a House of Cards joke.
8. Seriously, not even a Newsroom joke? We’re obsessed with our TV shows.
9. You’re over the supposed SIS-SPA-Kogod rivalry.
10. The only thing more annoying than all the political discussions are all the people complaining about the political discussions.
11. Finally, you’re embarrassed and a little bit ashamed every time an AU student publishes something that is rife with spelling and grammar errors.