Hello everyone! This will be my follow-up post for MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE post. Click the link if you wanna check it out. <3
Pimples used to be just a teenage problem. Most of us thought that pimples will eventually stop popping out once we passed the puberty stage. But they seem to love our faces and decide not to leave even after our teenage years! Errr. Well in my opinion, pollution has become greater and so the harm it brings to our skin has become worse as well~ T__T
Due to the extremely hot weather, the skin tends to get very oily! Oily skin and huge pores make us prone to acne. Dirt tends to set in our pores and get trapped! Acne is so annoying and so here are some of the ways I do to get rid of them~! <3
Before all that, what causes ACNE?
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Inadequate Diet (Eating food with too much fats and oil.)
- Cosmetic Chemicals ex: Talc/Parabens/Fragrance/Lanolin etc. (For extra sensitive skin)
- Improper Skin Care Routine.
THINGS YOU NEED:
1. Lab 46 Skin Care Facial Wash with Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin
2. Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Astringent with Salicylic Acid or Krave Minerale Anti-Zit Splash (No Alcohol and Non-comedogenic)
3. Duac Gel Acne Gel or Clean&Clear Acne Gel with Salicyclic Acid/Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin
It does not have to be the same products above, though those stuff there are the ones that work for me. Always remember that you have to check the ingredients of the products you buy, it should contain very little chemical or if there’s no chemical, then it is much better~!
1. Wash your face with your Anti-acne Facial Cleanser and massage it all through out the face for a minute. Note that Facial Cleansers for sensitive skin do not foam up because they don’t have chemicals that gives the foam/bubbles. Pat dry with a clean towel. >_<
2. Using a cotton pad, apply a small amount of astringent/toner all over the face. Don’t drown your cotton pad with a lot of product~! kkkk~ <3 Then leave the cotton pad on the troubled area for a minute. Some anti-acne toners would sting, but it’s natural. It’s a part of the pimple-killing process~!
3. Skip moisturizing because our main goal is to dry the pimple up for it to be totally gone. I prefer not applying any essence or moisturizer on to the troubled area for it to dry.
4. Apply the acne gel only to the troubled areas and not on the entire face! <3
Note: If you have a different everyday skin care routine like me, then discontinue it and switch to this Acne Treatment for a while. When the pimples have dried up and eliminated, then go back to your normal skin care regimen.
During the acne treatment which will last for about two weeks, you will experience extreme dryness but since we really wanted that to happen, then we should skip everyday moisturizing. To solve that, here are some things we can use ONCE a week.
1. Skin Food Mask Sheet - soothes troubled skin and balances moisture to avoid flaking. You can use this once or twice a week whenever you feel like your skin is crazily flaking. It has Berry Oil that will minimize redness.
2. Holika Holika Medi-Medi Magnesium Pack - use this every weekends after a long stressful week of work. This will help minimize your pores and it really leaves the skin smoother and less reddish.
You can also use other facial masks and Clay wash off packs, just note that it should be non-comedogenic so it won’t aggravate the pimples you are trying to heal.
See you in my next post and don’t forget to join my ongoing MAKEUP Giveaway!!